Any Massey 4707 owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Massey 4707 owners out there?

I’ve been looking at tractors in the 70-75 hp range. I’m a John Deere man and I’m definitely not allergic to Kubota’s either. I started thinking about masseys and ran across the 4707. It is in the top of its class against all of the others and outweighs them by 1800- 2500 lbs. a problem I do see with it is all of the electronics it has and I’m not sure about the new set up on the 3 pt lift cylinders. I do like only having to use the clutch to start it and not having to use it again. I’ve heard it rides great and I’ve heard it rides terrible- I can’t do the terrible. The loader is the strongest in class . These are definitely heavy duty machines.

Fyi if the deere has a shuttle shift frorward reverser on left of column then its the same way. No clutch needed technically i would think the same for other brands as well.

I cant speak on your particular model. But i just have never been a fan of the Masseys they are just a different breed compared to Deere.

I think i would even look at a NH before i bought a massey.

Every massey i know of has a great engine but they fall short in the hydraulics and linkages.

Comment

Following as I was at the deere dealership in Navasota yesterday for 2 hours gathering data points.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        Fyi if the deere has a shuttle shift frorward reverser on left of column then its the same way. No clutch needed technically i would think the same for other brands as well.

I cant speak on your particular model. But i just have never been a fan of the Masseys they are just a different breed compared to Deere.

I think i would even look at a NH before i bought a massey.

Every massey i know of has a great engine but they fall short in the hydraulics and linkages.
        It’s a shuttle shift but you can lift the reverser and stop motion. I kinda felt the same way about masseys but this one just caught my eye. Thanks

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X