Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBBY shakes out pretty poorly on its financial ratios against industry benchmark
    Profitability & ROA not great

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      BBBY shakes out pretty poorly on its financial ratios against industry benchmark
      BBBY is a bankruptcy waiting to happen. They are 104% LTA. Its a hot potato
      so don't be left holding when it is filed.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        No, duh? You mean losing over $9 per share isn't a good thing? Of course it's a terrible investment. I wouldn't buy 1 share of it, but I just added 30 calls and now have 90 calls. We'll see, thats why its called gambling when you be playing with options. I made good money on GME but haven't played with it since the 4-1 split, keeping an eye on it.

Comment

Well that didn't take long to get back to where I'm starting to buy back a little.

Comment

Think we will reset lows? Been a rough 7-10 days.

I am down $60k

Comment

I don't think we will reset lows, but I think it will get within spitting distance.

Comment

What do you guys think about AMC Entertainment stocks? Since I saw what it did during Covid I’ve been wanting to get in. Closed at 9.14 Friday and I suspect it will go lower. Been in the 30s most of the year. If it hits 5 I have money burning a whole in my wallet. I’ve read some about AMCs new APE stock and really don’t understand it. I’ve never bought a meme stock. What’s y’all’s vision or advice? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  Man it is hard not to buy Southwest sub $38, but holding off for now.... I keep reminding myself to stay liquid.... but I WANT TO BUY BUY BUY....
                  Southwest at that price is interesting but all the airlines cancelling flights isnt a good look for the industry. If you're thinking travel is going to pick back up, then ABNB is also at a good price. I'm personally sitting on the side for travel stocks.

My best stock pick right now is saving my portfolio. CVX - got back in it in Feb 2021 around 95. The gains on it has offset my losses of other stocks.
                  Last edited by BigL; 08-27-2022, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    What do you guys think about AMC Entertainment stocks? Since I saw what it did during Covid I’ve been wanting to get in. Closed at 9.14 Friday and I suspect it will go lower. Been in the 30s most of the year. If it hits 5 I have money burning a whole in my wallet. I’ve read some about AMCs new APE stock and really don’t understand it. I’ve never bought a meme stock. What’s y’all’s vision or advice? Thanks in advance.
                    What event do you think will drive the prices higher? Or you just hoping the reddit type traders will drive it higher again?

I'm personally concerned with mid terms coming and democrats worried about the out comes that there will be a spike in cases and some places will shut down again to push the mail in ballots again. That would not be good for AMC

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                      What event do you think will drive the prices higher? Or you just hoping the reddit type traders will drive it higher again?

I'm personally concerned with mid terms coming and democrats worried about the out comes that there will be a spike in cases and some places will shut down again to push the mail in ballots again. That would not be good for AMC
                      The reason I see it going back up is based on the past trends and hopefully the red wave coming in November.

Comment

My opinion is to always avoid meme stocks unless you gamble up front the first time and nail the first big run. They almost never rocket back up a second time.

Comment

Shorts on s&p 500 are at the highest level in two tears. Powell has said explicitly he will raise rates until we get to target inflation. Which means crashing the economy!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            Shorts on s&p 500 are at the highest level in two tears. Powell has said explicitly he will raise rates until we get to target inflation. Which means crashing the economy!
                            Listening close to this.

Comment

Friday was brutal! What’s going to happen this week? I still am 90% percent out of the market I was beginning to think I had missed the down turn but now maybe not? It’s like trying the catch smoke out of the air.

I think I am going to start buying a small amounts on these big down turns and start going back into the market. What y’all think?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                                Friday was brutal! What’s going to happen this week? I still am 90% percent out of the market I was beginning to think I had missed the down turn but now maybe not? It’s like trying the catch smoke out of the air.

I think I am going to start buying a small amounts on these big down turns and start going back into the market. What y’all think?
                                Who knows, right? I was reading some stuff yesterday that said the June bottoms may get tested again but the thought is that was about as low as the markets would go.

If you are sitting on a ton of cash, I dont think you can go wrong taking a portion of it and investing in great companies anytime there is a large drop like Friday. If only we had a crystal ball! Good luck to ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X