Skunk, badger, black widow spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk, badger, black widow spider

We were out near Barnhart, turkey hunting In that 35mph wind ( 50mph gusts)on Friday and
    Finally got fed up eating dirt, so went back to camp and this happened

We were sitting out of the wind on the porch when we smell a skunk, the dog starts looking at something and here comes a skunk being chased by a badger
    The skunk and badger run about 10 feet from us , and the dog chased the badger
    Under a trailer, skunk keeps running, we catch the dog and the badger comes out
    And starts chasing the skunk again across the yard, I had no idea a badger was
    So incredible fast ! Those things can haul @$$
    Next morning I had the pleasure of meeting a huge black widow in the outhouse
    Glad I had a flashlight and saw her , the guy before me never saw her and freaked out because they were sitting face to face about 10 inches apart

I never seen a badger hunting anything, or that close
    Incredible animal
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-25-2022, 09:54 AM.

Lol-good times!
    Years ago, on a lease in the rolling plains- we were riding along on a golf cart. It was early September, we just got done shooting doves and were going to top off feeders before the day got too hot. As I was driving, my brother is telling me he can hear a rattler way off ahead of us along with some other ruckus. I slow down just a little bit-this cart being electric, we have creeped up on all kinds of stuff in the past.
    Way up ahead of us we can see a 5 foot rattler up in a tall bush, along with a big badger furiously trying to climb and kill him some lunch. We pulled up right next to them(maybe 20 ft) and just watched the show! They didn't pay a lick of attention to us.
    Eventually My brother blew the snake out of the bush with a 20 gauge-the badger was off in hot pursuit of the snake. Grabbing his lunch and running off..

Comment

I bet that was a good laugh watching a badger chase a skunk. A badger is high on my list to add to the wall! Cool little animals

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        I bet that was a good laugh watching a badger chase a skunk. A badger is high on my list to add to the wall! Cool little animals
        It was till the dog joined the chase, lose lose either way skunk or badger

I haven’t gotten the urge for a badger

Comment

In my 52 years I've only seen one badger. He crossed the road in front of me carrying about a six foot black snake in his mouth. He stopped in the road and turned to look at me as if to say "what are you looking at" and then went on his way.

Comment

That’s why going to the woods is so dang fun, ya never know what might happen

Comment

Lol. Quite the story and cast of characters. You had everything except the dang turkey!

Comment

I called in a badger coyote hunting once on a hillside. All I could see was the grass parting and making its way towards me pretty quickly, I got my gun ready thinking a coyote was about to pop out in the clear spot about 5 yards in front of me. Nope a badger popped out and we both were shocked, he high tailed it outta there as soon as he saw me. I didn't want to shoot him since I rarely see them in person and was told by my uncle that they'll eat rattlesnakes. They are pretty cool critters for sure. I have never heard of a badger experience like yours though that is one for the books!

Comment

Working...
                X