Best bang for buck zero turn mower suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bang for buck zero turn mower suggestions

Looking for 46”-50” fabricated deck, cleanest cut, ease of preventative maintenance, power to mow heav Grass and leave as little clumping as possible, best quality and performance for the money. Don’t want a garbage mower that will fall apart in couple years. Please tell me what brand and why.

I love my spartan. Cuts great and moves well. Love the Parker pumps. No issues at all so far.

Comment

I recently bought a Scag Liberty Z residential grade
      Not bad on price, well built, cuts great, & comfortable seat. It’s a 52”

Comment

I would look at the Hustler Raptor line.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          I would look at the Hustler Raptor line.
          I run a Raptor HD on some rough country, it has held up really well.

Comment

Ariens IKON XD 52"

I use mine to cut 2-1/2 Acres and it eats it up

welded deck that I've run into things a time or two and damaged the thing, not the deck.

About $3900 from lowes with the 5% advantage card when I got mine earlier this year

Comment

Really like my bad boy .

Comment

I have a hustler, buddy has a bobcat and another has a spartan. Id happily buy hustler again but would prolly get spartan even if a comparable size was 4-500 more

FIL smoked an ariens in less than 6 months mowing a yard he normally cuts once a week. Said it was hail on his back also

Comment

mower

I really like my Spartan 54". Very comfortable seat. Front shocks. Have tires filled with goo that has a lifetime warranty against flats.
                  They aren't cheap though.
                  My understanding is that the founder broke off from Bad Boy and started the company. So likely similar in some respects.

Comment

Gravely!

Comment

Gravely

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                        Ariens IKON XD 52"

I use mine to cut 2-1/2 Acres and it eats it up

welded deck that I've run into things a time or two and damaged the thing, not the deck.

About $3900 from lowes with the 5% advantage card when I got mine earlier this year

Another vote for Ariens. I have the same 52" IKON XD. It is in it's 3rd year with 182 hrs and has been a beast mowing my 10 acres so far.
                        I watched tons of video reviews and researched the heck out of ZTs years ago when I was in the market. I wanted the best value for the $ but couldn't justify $10k or even $5k for that matter. Settled on the IKON XD with the Kawasaki 23 hp 7000 Series V-Twin. It powers through tough 4' stuff without missing a beat.
                        Ariens actually owns Gravely.

Comment

Originally posted by McCEC View Post
                          I really like my Spartan 54". Very comfortable seat. Front shocks. Have tires filled with goo that has a lifetime warranty against flats.
                          They aren't cheap though.
                          My understanding is that the founder broke off from Bad Boy and started the company. So likely similar in some respects.
                          Heard the same

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                            Looking for 46”-50” fabricated deck, cleanest cut, ease of preventative maintenance, power to mow heav Grass and leave as little clumping as possible, best quality and performance for the money. Don’t want a garbage mower that will fall apart in couple years. Please tell me what brand and why.
                            Is your land flat? The reason I ask is that Hustler has a very low center of gravity compared to the Spartan my neighbor buddy has. My yard is far from flat, so I like being low to ground. What about trees? I can cut around all my trees without getting hit by them, the Spartan sits too high for that. With all that being said I would buy another Hustler, Now if my yard was flat with big mature trees I think Spartan would be the ticket. For what it's worth..

Comment

I own a Scag and a Hustler Raptor HD.
                              I wouldn't buy another Hustler Raptor HD. Especially if you are mowing tall grass. I have never had a mower clog up with grass as much as I have had with the Raptor.

Comment

Working...
                              X