A New Action from APR - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Action from APR - Round 2

I said we were working on some other things last week when I posted the carbon fiber barrel stuff. Well, this is one of those things Meet the new APR G2 action.

I posted the info on the APR Hunter action a while back. The quick backstory(if that's even possible with one of my posts) is that we found a suitable, and affordable replacement for factory donor actions for those doing custom builds. Thompson Leh owns the current production for the old Ed Brown 704 action design. We evaluated it, worked with them to make some changes that we felt worked better for our uses, and went in to production. It has been a great platform for hunting based builds, which is what we intended it to be.

We started getting orders for tactical/LR builds on them immediately, along with requests for other features that it didn't currently have. While the Hunter works in this application, it is not a standout choice. We compiled a list of features that made it better in this role and circled back with TL to see if we could do a gen 2 version. Once again, they were awesome to work with and did an outstanding job over the last couple of months helping us get them implemented. This is the result.

APR HUNTER ACTION FEATURES:
    - Remington 700 Footprint
    - Controlled Round Feed
    - Mechanical Ejector
    - One Piece bolt
    - 8x40 Scope Base Holes
    - Tool-less Fire Control Removal
    - Accepts any Remington 700 Style Trigger
    - Side Bolt-Stop Release
    - Oversize Bolt Knob
    - Spiral Fluted Bolt
    NEW UPGRADES FOR APR GEN II ACTION:
    - 1 1/16 x 20 TPI Threads (Now accepts Savage Style Pre-fit Bbls)
    - Wire EDM Raceways for more uniform tolerances and smoother Cycling
    - Pinned 20 MOA Rail for more secure scope mounting
    - Smaller Ejection Port Cut-Out for a More Rigid Action Body
    - .062 Firing Pin to accommodate SRP brass
    - Full DLC Coating for More Corrosion Protection and Smoother Operation.
    - Double Pinned .250 Recoil Lug
    Available in standard and magnum short action, and magnum long action configurations.

MSRP is $825

We are running a pre-order sale price of $749 on our website through 1-15-19.

We are really excited about this newest addition and the flexibility it brings. It provides our customers with solid, affordable custom action options for hunting AND tactical builds. There are a ton of great custom actions to build on out there these days, and we use most of them regularly with great satisfaction. However there are not a ton of great choices for the folks trying to build on a custom action in the sub 1k price range. But the good news is there are at least 2 more now, and we expect to see more in the future based on what the industry is doing now.

Thanks for looking
    Robert
    Alamo Precision Rifles

Dang Robert...I want one, just don't know what to build.

Comment

Any left handed available?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Dang Robert...I want one, just don't know what to build.
        If you don't mind going the pre-fit route, you could build SEVERAL things off of it I'm really looking forward to running some BR case based stuff through one. I think they will feed great with the hybrid CRF setup. I'm thinking a Dasher truck gun is in my future

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
          Any left handed available?
          Not on the first run.......but they ARE in the works and NOT far behind

Comment

Well crap this is gonna cost me some money [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              If you don't mind going the pre-fit route, you could build SEVERAL things off of it I'm really looking forward to running some BR case based stuff through one. I think they will feed great with the hybrid CRF setup. I'm thinking a Dasher truck gun is in my future
              Well I like the pinned lug...yeah, guess I could go for broke & go for a switch bbl?? Makes my head spin trying to figure this one out.

Comment

I just seen these yesterday. No long actions with a standard bolt face?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobyh View Post
                  I just seen these yesterday. No long actions with a standard bolt face?
                  Not at the moment for the G2. If we get enough interest to justify them, we can add them to the lineup pretty quickly. Outside of the odd 6.5-284 request, and an occasional 280AI, we don't get many calls for this style of action aimed towards the heavy builds. We do have the APR Hunter available in that configuration and build quite a few of the standard long action rounds on them.

Comment

8/40 screws, pinned lug and pinned rail...I like it. What's the lead time on these Robert? Also, do you think there will be an option later for a .470 bolt face in a long action?

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                      8/40 screws, pinned lug and pinned rail...I like it. What's the lead time on these Robert? Also, do you think there will be an option later for a .470 bolt face in a long action?
                      Pre-orders will deliver around the end of January. We plan to keep them as an in-stock item moving forward after that.

Comment

Glad to see APR is expanding, any chance ya'll start building on Tikka actions in the future Robert?

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
                          Glad to see APR is expanding, any chance ya'll start building on Tikka actions in the future Robert?
                          Thanks Droptine. We've done quite a few Tikkas lately. Just finished up a really neat carbon/carbon build on one that turned out awesome. If you have a donor you want to use, we'd be glad to help.

Comment

Talked to Jimmie for a few yesterday (hard to beat that guy, super fella). He remembered the 338 y’all built way back for me so we Bs’d about that for a few and I’ll have a copy of my FFL over with orders for at least 2, maybe more, for the January lot. Can’t wait to get my paws on em. If a long action in a standard .470 BF comes available please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                              Talked to Jimmie for a few yesterday (hard to beat that guy, super fella). He remembered the 338 y’all built way back for me so we Bs’d about that for a few and I’ll have a copy of my FFL over with orders for at least 2, maybe more, for the January lot. Can’t wait to get my paws on em. If a long action in a standard .470 BF comes available please let us know.
                              Thanks KCK! We all remember that build, and Jason even commented how he remembers working with you on it and how he enjoyed working with you on that project. I think you are going to like working with these actions. Tenon cuts are dead simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X