Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
MONSTERKEN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Apparently where the deer ARE NOT
Default Officially worst week ever!!

Well, Tuesday night I arrived home from work to find my house flooded. The supply line to the toilet tank and broke right at the tank. The hallway carpet was saturated, the carpet in my living room was saturated and the water made it to my entryway where the linoleum was almost floating, my youngest daughter had water in her bedroom, and our master bedroom and bathroom had water in it. My oldest daughters made it out unscathed. My house is a complete disaster right now. Just wonderful. Wednesday evening my wifes car started running like crap. Awesome I'm thinking, what else can go wrong. So we limp it home and call a buddy that owns his own mechanic shop. He picks it up Thursday morning and takes it to his shop. He calls later that morning and says the timing belt is old and needs to be replaced. Crap i'm thinking, i know what that entails, and he says the battery is shot as well. My wifes Pilot has 180k on it and runs like a top. Until now. So, lets fix it I tell him. We pick it up Thursday night, and now it runs like brand new. Didnt need that expense right now. Now the really crappy part. This morning we decided to go ahead and ease the pain of my dog Tahoe. He was 10+ years old and skin tumors/cancer that we progressing very rapid. He also had lost feeling in his back legs and was having a hard time walking. We didnt want him to suffer any longer. This morning we said goodbye.

So its been a hell of a week for my family. We are thankful that my wife's parents live in town, and we have invaded their house until we get ours figured out. We have 3 dehumidifiers and 20 fans running now. We are getting close to getting dried out. But tomorrow we may have to open a couple more walls. People say "things happen in three's." So here's our "three's." Only positive things can happen from here on out. I'm done letting not so positive things happen. Keeping my head up and marching on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MONSTERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
Lawhunter
Ten Point

Keep your head up. Things will turn around for you
Lawhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
MONSTERKEN
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawhunter View Post
Keep your head up. Things will turn around for you
I am brother. Trying to turn this into a positive and make 2019 even better than 2018!!

Old 12-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
muddyfuzzy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Angelina County, Limpopo SA

Sorry bro, you guys hang in there! Give me a shout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #5
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trophy Hunting.

We have rubbed elbows some time or another, this is when a man has to step up, let family know y'all going to make it through this with ease, we will say a prayer for y'all at supper.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
d1rich1
Ten Point

Iím sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #7
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

Sorry about your pup, and all the other hell going on.

Prayer sent for you.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #8
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hang in there champ. Sometimes it seems over whelming. You will get through those challenges. Just remember: "Life, is a matter of what you compare it with."

Sorry to hear about the pup.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #9
jsctx84
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kimble County

Can always get worse
jsctx84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #10
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Wow! Sorry for all your problems. I'll say a prayer for you.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #11
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Sorry to hear this.
Prayers up for You & The Family.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #12
Rotney
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Hang in there brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #13
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

Into every life a little rain will fall...
Sometimes followed by damaging winds and hail.

But, the sun always rises.

Here's to better days.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #14
patwilson
Four Point

Hunt In: Edna

Hang in there. I know first hand what youíre going through. Just now started to rebuild from the flood (we lost everything) and still fighting with the insurance company . During this time I lost my buddy and miss him every day. Prayers sent
patwilson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #15
BLACKFINTURKEY
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion,Texas

I feel your pain I had one of those weeks also, not as rough but definitely one of the worst in a long time. Good luck.
BLACKFINTURKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM   #16
cajuntec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nowhere for now... Just moved!

I've been through it this year too, so I definitely feel your pain. 2018 was one of my worst years, but I have been trying to look at the positives much more than the negatives. It's hard to do, but we both can. We just need to look at all the good in our lives, and don't let the bad weigh us down.

You have a house, a wife, children, relatives that live close by, vehicles, a job, and friends. Although I'm sure the negatives are sometimes difficult to overlook, focus more on those positives and you will get through this.

All the best,
Glenn
cajuntec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM   #17
StrayDog
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman County

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
Well, Tuesday night I arrived home from work to find my house flooded. The supply line to the toilet tank and broke right at the tank. The hallway carpet was saturated, the carpet in my living room was saturated and the water made it to my entryway where the linoleum was almost floating, my youngest daughter had water in her bedroom, and our master bedroom and bathroom had water in it. My oldest daughters made it out unscathed. My house is a complete disaster right now. Just wonderful. Wednesday evening my wifes car started running like crap. Awesome I'm thinking, what else can go wrong. So we limp it home and call a buddy that owns his own mechanic shop. He picks it up Thursday morning and takes it to his shop. He calls later that morning and says the timing belt is old and needs to be replaced. Crap i'm thinking, i know what that entails, and he says the battery is shot as well. My wifes Pilot has 180k on it and runs like a top. Until now. So, lets fix it I tell him. We pick it up Thursday night, and now it runs like brand new. Didnt need that expense right now. Now the really crappy part. This morning we decided to go ahead and ease the pain of my dog Tahoe. He was 10+ years old and skin tumors/cancer that we progressing very rapid. He also had lost feeling in his back legs and was having a hard time walking. We didnt want him to suffer any longer. This morning we said goodbye.

So its been a hell of a week for my family. We are thankful that my wife's parents live in town, and we have invaded their house until we get ours figured out. We have 3 dehumidifiers and 20 fans running now. We are getting close to getting dried out. But tomorrow we may have to open a couple more walls. People say "things happen in three's." So here's our "three's." Only positive things can happen from here on out. I'm done letting not so positive things happen. Keeping my head up and marching on.

Not easy brother, keep your spine straight and dig in with your heels. You canít know good days unless you experience the bad
StrayDog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM   #18
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Oh, I thought you were going to say your marriage of 26 years was over and your wife had a boyfriend, and you were going to have to change your job to get health insurance or something like that. Nevermind.

Carry on. No smiley face.

OP: Good luck with those problems; have had flood damage before -- doesn't even take much water to create all kinds of mess and problems.

Last edited by tradtiger; Yesterday at 01:33 AM.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM   #19
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Did you file a claim with your home insurance?

Sounds like a really terrible week
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM   #20
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Sorry to hear that. But as everyone has said it will get better as every day passes. Even though it seems all bad I can promise you you will have some great memories and fellowship as you pick up. Sorry for the loss of your dog.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #21
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

That's a rough week for sure. Prayers up!!
CRM_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #22
MONSTERKEN
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Did you file a claim with your home insurance?

Sounds like a really terrible week
My insurance company was the first people I called. The amount of water that had accumulated was overwhelming. There was no way I was going to clean this up with my shop vac!!!

Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #23
MONSTERKEN
Ten Point

Thanks for all the kind word guys. Its been a quite the process. We are on day 5 of the drying out process. We have 3 dehumidifiers and 20 fans strategically placed throughout our house. We are getting close to being "dried" out. We still have some areas that are "deemed" wet that we are still trying to figure out.

Here's a small piece of advice for you guys. Check the water supply line to your toilet tank. If it has plactic fittings REPLACE THEM!!!!! Mine broke and we cant even begin to guess how long it sprayed water and/or how many gallons of water it was. What I do know is that I had 8" of standing water in the bathroom in question and still had water leaking down underneath the house, even when I shut off the valve and shut the door.