Rut, South Texas Kleberg County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of young bucks chasing and night time toads cruising on game cams, but no major day light chasing in Kleberg county. Anyone else?

Same thing down the road in Duval.
    Had a nice 8 eating and not worried about the women. Then had some spikes and dinks chasing like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobinHood; 12-08-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Same here !!

Comment

I’m heading down Thursday so hopefully it will be in full swing.

Comment

because of global warming its going to start full blown rut on Tuesday. All the stars are going to be aligned and the lunar bulloner is going to be aligned. Happens like this once in about 100 years so you better be hunting.

Comment

We took the whole week off before Christmas to try to catch the rut. Not sure how it’ll pan out though.
            The magic day was always December 15th when I hunted down here years ago when I had my other lease.

Comment

Nothing for us yet in Duval either. Just small bucks, still in bachelor groups.

Comment

Black hocks, broken racks, bucks paired with doe in Falfurrias. Really early activity for us this year.

Comment

Starting to see it in Starr and Hidalgo counties. These doe was been chased all morning and they took a break.

Last edited by Royal21973; 12-08-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Seeing activity in Frio also.

Comment

Pics of activity

Comment

Some scrapes and such in southeast Webb County... They tell me it's usually between Christmas and New Year here... My first year here, so we'll see... Will say that we are seeing more and more bucks every hunt... Last weekend though, got a video of 4 middle aged 10's still running together...

Comment

Well this evening did see a few spikes chasing does, so it must be close. Usually kicks off around the 15th for us.

Comment

It's getting close.

Think I'll take a few days off next week to go sit. Haven't gotten to go since the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Comment

It looks like its getting close at our place in Duval County as well. Last weekend we noticed several young bucks pushing does and a few of the little guys butting heads. I'll be going again next weekend and hope that it is on!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X