2018 Astros Off-Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Astros Off-Season thread

Because the other thread takes too **** long to open...

McCann will probably be picked up another team..for the same reasons stros got him.. he'll be managing in a few years.

While I really liked McCann and Gattis, it didn't hurt my heart to see them go. I was surprised that they didn't give Charlie Morton a qualifying offer. I would like to keep him around. Especially considering that McCullers has elbow issues and might need Tommie Johns. Next year I wish that they would buy in little more into putting the ball in play and move the runner over idea instead of use every swing trying to hit a homerun.

Comment

I think Marwin didn't get a QO because they are negotiating a long term deal.

I hope the sign Charlie

Keuchel im ok with being gone

Hope they go after eovaldi

Comment

Where do y'all see that the astros didn't extend a QO to Marwin and Charlie Morton?

I don't think that anything is official on that yet. All I see is a Jon Heyman tweet saying that they are going to extend a QO to Keuchel, they aren't going to extend one to Marwin, and they are undecided on Morton. Heyman, though, is the least reliable national guy when it comes to the Astros.

Comment

Everything I have seen is from Heyman. Keuchel can go for sure. He gives up too many runs before he gets going in the 2nd or 3rd inning.

I would hope they try to keep Marwin but it's reported that the Mets are offering $72M over 4 years.

Comment

I think Morton is weighing his options on retirement. If he pitches again, I think it will be in an Astros uniform. Hopefully Whitley can make the team next year. Josh James could be groomed into a starter, McHugh could also transition back to a starting role. I do like having him in the pen though. Marwin would be great to keep but I don't think they can afford to keep him.

I think he walks and takes the $$$. Although it wouldn't be with the Mets if I were him.
            Last edited by TildenHunter; 11-02-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Marwin isn't worth $18 mil, why they will prolly not offer a QO. Because they dont wanna pay him $13 mil more then last year if he accepts.

Morton they aren't sure he is worth 18 mil either. And maybe can offer him a 2 year deal for a little less

Comment

With Marwin, I think the Astros are hoping that one of the younger guys step up and fill that roll. If Tucker can get anywhere close to his minor league numbers then that's a good trade. JD Davis can give us the infield flexibility that Marwin provided. Asking Josh James and Whitley to hold down the 3 and 4 spot in the rotation makes this team really young. That makes me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                  With Marwin, I think the Astros are hoping that one of the younger guys step up and fill that roll. If Tucker can get anywhere close to his minor league numbers then that's a good trade. JD Davis can give us the infield flexibility that Marwin provided. Asking Josh James and Whitley to hold down the 3 and 4 spot in the rotation makes this team really young. That makes me nervous.
                  I agree, however I just hate to see Margo playing in another uniform. If so I just hope its a NL team. I like James as a reliever, he's got the velo and a decent feel for "pitching" and not "throwing". Some offseason tuning and refinement could be huge for him. I'm interested to see how Whitley does if he comes up. Davis and Tucker are wildcards for me. I think both of them could eventually turn into a situation like JD Martinez, if the Astros end up letting them go too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Because the other thread takes too **** long to open...

McCann will probably be picked up another team..for the same reasons stros got him.. he'll be managing in a few years.
                    He has stated he wan't to retire as a Brave

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Where do y'all see that the astros didn't extend a QO to Marwin and Charlie Morton?

I don't think that anything is official on that yet. All I see is a Jon Heyman tweet saying that they are going to extend a QO to Keuchel, they aren't going to extend one to Marwin, and they are undecided on Morton. Heyman, though, is the least reliable national guy when it comes to the Astros.
                      Good chance at signing Marwin and Morton, no chance with Dallas. By offering the QO to Dallas, when he refuses and signs elsewhere we get a pick, if he signs for over a 50 million (he will) we get some more compensations and it pulls money from the signing team as like a tax. There are some really crazy rules this year on the QO..

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                        They want Marwin, he is worth 13-15 million. There will only be one spot on in the rotation if Mccullers isn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          They want Marwin, he is worth 13-15 million. There will only be one spot on in the rotation if Mccullers isn't hurt.
                          LMJ needs TJ. Mark my word.

They are contemplating a Tanaka situation to postpone it I think

I called TJ 1.5 years ago for him

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            LMJ needs TJ. Mark my word.

They are contemplating a Tanaka situation to postpone it I think

I called TJ 1.5 years ago for him
                            Yea I saw he tore his UCL and needs Tommy John surgery and out all of next year

Comment

So far from TR:
                              No Option:: Harris (still under club control-probably get a lower rate), McCann, Morton

OutRighted: Jandel Gustave
                              Last edited by systemnt; 11-02-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X