My Dad Honored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad Honored

This is pretty cool to see my dad honored like this.

Great stuff - tell a little more of the tale.

Comment

Thats really cool! I have a letter from GW commemerating my Grandparents 50th anniversary. I hold that pretty tight, straight from the White House

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes. I agree.

We got my Dad’s in the mail as well after he passed. Very cool that Trump does that. Not sure if other Presidents were keeping up with or not as much as our President Trump has.

My Dad loved Trump and it made us proud to see it.

God bless you and your family and a big thanks for your Dad’s service.

Comment

That’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Nice! I didn't know of this. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome stuff right there.

Comment

Nice, thanks for your Dad's service.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                          Great stuff - tell a little more of the tale.
                          Well, back in the Year of Our Lord nineteen hundred and somethin-or-nother...my dad received a letter from the Selective Service for the draft into Vietnam. He went to the stove and heated the glue up and was able to open it without tearing it, which stated he would be drafted into the Army. Not being particularly excited about the Army, and growing up with brothers who went into the Air Force, he decided to seal the envelope back and submit it and his service into the Air Force. From what I recall, after Basic, he spent a couple times flying over the Atlantic to England in a C-130. I remember him telling me that you CAN get sunburned in England on an overcast day. He also told me that his unit was responsible for assembling the outerwear and gear, and that he knew a Singer sewing machine better than anyone.

He never saw combat, but several of his buddies did and never came back. At the time, he knew he needed to do his duty and support his country, full well knowing that he could go at any moment, but also knowing that when his time was done that he would return back to help on the dairy farm in Petrolia.

After his Honorable Discharge, he found out that he had been promoted to Staff Sargeant. At his funeral, the Air Force Honor Guard came out and performed graveside honors. It was a very proud moment to see him being recognized. We got word that his VA marker was placed today, so I'll head out there to see it soon.

Comment

Very cool man! Thanks for sharing this and thanks for your dads service.

Comment

Thanks for sharing and giving us some insight on your Dad.

Comment

Working...
                              X