No announcement yet.

Ruger American Compact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a .243 compact on sale at Atwoods a couple years ago been a pretty good gun so far killed a lot of pigs and varmints and is my go to gun when I take unexperienced hunters out with me. Been shooting the 55grain Hornadys

Comment

Dad bought my son a Ruger American Compact in .243 a few months ago. Mounted a vintage Leupold fixed 4x to it (dads first scope he every bought himself). It’s a fun little shooter and pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandson son has a couple of short Rugers, seriously considering one for a truck/trapline gun, they shoot good and are durn near as handy as a pocket gun.

Comment

Love that length for suppressor host

Comment

I have two one in 308 and one in 7mm08 lefty. They are both my mountain guns, fully loaded with scope sub seven pounds. They are accurate, and have taken plenty of Alaska game. The 308 has a bunch of stuff done to the stock to lighten it up, it was 5.9lbs out of the box. I cut it down to about 5.5lbs within a few mins. It handload and got the groups to hold. But for Texas I just run hornady since its cheaper and way less time consuming. Luke Moffat hunts all over AK with one, he has done a few articles on them and their uses. Main thing is packing it and not hanging up on alders or trees.

Comment

My daughter now 12 started shooting her .308 american compact at 9 and has killed a ton of pigs and deer with it. Great gun. Only issue i ever had was the spring in the clip but ruger sent a new one no questions asked. It has very little recoil and has been a great gun. I use it often when i hunt in a climbing stand bc it is so lite and easy to handle.

Comment

I killed a bunch of pigs with a 308 compact and a Photon 4.6 night vision. Bought it for my grandson, and he outgrew it
                . I found it was short, light, and handy with the NV.

Comment

My daughter shoots the ranch in 300blk. Love that gun- it’s a hammer for under 200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X