No announcement yet.

I just don’t get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a come to Jesus meeting this morning... all I ask for is 8 hours a day five days a week... if you can’t give me that, I’ll find someone who will

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Is it a new build where somebody put the drains in the wrong place and they're being moved because they're wrong, or a remodel where the drains need to be moved for one reason or another? That would certainly affect my level of ****** offness.
      It’s a remodel, but regardless, we aren’t chipping a 40 yard slab up

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
        We had a come to Jesus meeting this morning... all I ask for is 8 hours a day five days a week... if you can’t give me that, I’ll find someone who will
        Yep, on to the next one!

Comment

This is what I’m talking about

16” ditch 25 linear feet! Any guesses on how long this took?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 18 yr old and a few of his friends work for a small construction/demolition company here in Houston. He was on one of those jackhammers for two weeks. Came home every day soaked, dirty and whooped!! He liked the checks though so he was back out the door this morning.

Comment

"kids these days.."

old fellers been saying it since at least the middle ages... that we have written record of.

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                So it's a part-time job....

Comment

When we have turnarounds, there is usually a trend of excuses for each job.

One project about 10-15 guys had court dates, one job had about 10 grandparents pass away, and the most recent was car trouble everybody on the crew had car trouble at least once some even twice. Food poisoning is a very common one as well.

Comment

I'll never forget the time that the hotwater heater went out in my attic, and the guy that I called out to fix it refused to replace it that day, because "it's hot up there."

Comment

I’d rather run the jack hammer then dig the the broken concrete out that you jack hammered up

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        I’d rather run the jack hammer then dig the the broken concrete out that you jack hammered up
                        Gospel truth right here!!

Those boys didn't get forced into manual labor as a child otherwise theyd be pointing fingers or still in school

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you should have tipped them.......

-john

Comment

You think having a young laborer is bad. Try working for contractors who hire little college nerds and put them in charge of a project that they’ve never done. I’d rather deal with a crappy laborer than deal with one of these kids that thinks his diploma is means he knows everything. They don’t know **** lol

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              "kids these days.."

old fellers been saying it since at least the middle ages... that we have written record of.
                              OP said he is 34yo, that doesnt seem old enough to be an old feller...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                You think having a young laborer is bad. Try working for contractors who hire little college nerds and put them in charge of a project that they’ve never done. I’d rather deal with a crappy laborer than deal with one of these kids that thinks his diploma is means he knows everything. They don’t know **** lol
                                Haha been there to!

Comment

Working...
                                X