Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinding concrete? Question for you fella's,that have done it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Wood, steel, or concrete- add to don't take away. Or swap the tires with something more aggressive that should catch the lip
    Swapping the tires wouldn't do any good.I'm backing it into the garage.The back tires bump into the lip,and the machine starts to spin the tires..I bought this a bit ago,for the grinder.Jlivi just sent me a text,and said it would work like a champ..Thanks fella's!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      Yes all you need is something like this. Wear a respirator when you use it or run some water while you use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I almost bought that one.

Comment

For that little bit I would get a disk from harbor freight it you were closer I would loan you one.
        Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

i wouldnt grind it, just take a long 2x4 and mill one edge to a 45...... you grinding that lip would leave a gap for critters and water to potentially leak in

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            My mind is blown over the parkit doo dad. Your truck can't handle dat task?
            Lol!
            No sir..It's only a 500 h.p.Turbo diesel,4 wheel drive,with lockers[emoji4]
            Where I have to put the boat,doesn't allow for a 4 door powerstroke to poke a 22 foot trailer into that space..A single cab powerstroke,maybe.I'll buy one of those too,if this grinder doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
              For that little bit I would get a disk from harbor freight it you were closer I would loan you one.
              https://www.harborfreight.com/search...inding%20wheel
              Man,I appreciate it!
              I think this will work.It doesn't need much..If my wife is handy she can just push on the bow,and it'll go on over..But I like go fish when she's at work![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                i wouldnt grind it, just take a long 2x4 and mill one edge to a 45...... you grinding that lip would leave a gap for critters and water to potentially leak in
                It slopes a tad west.Water can't get in..The gasket on the bottom of the door is squared away.That should keep the critter's out.

Comment

I agree with wooden wedge. Makes a huge difference. I made my own trailer dolly. Works perfect and I can get a little more muscle into it if I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                    I agree with wooden wedge. Makes a huge difference. I made my own trailer dolly. Works perfect and I can get a little more muscle into it if I need to.
                    That was my first thought..But..I have absolutely zero skills/tools when it comes to trimming up wood.I can build anything outta steel,or sheetmetal..I thought about clamping a 1×4 to a metal table,and edging it with a chainsaw,no lie[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                      I have used a masonry grinding wheel and a diamond disc on concrete before. Like others said you will have dust everywhere. I put a shop vac next to where I’m grinding to help with the dust.
                      I've got a dozen Stihl backpack blowers that I'm gonna crank up,and post up behind me..When I first thought of grinding the concrete,I went and got 4 of them..If I need more,I can get more!lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
                        4.5" diamond cup. You will throw dust like crazy though Bosch makes an attachment for your grinder and a vacuum to minimized the dust. We have to use them for work all the time. that silica is hard on the lungs.
                        I've worked 28yrs in the melt shop of a steel mill,in Midlothian.Very familiar with silica..Carbon,and lime are what my lungs choke on!
                        I swear I'm gonna have to snort a line every morning when I retire.Grew up on that nasty ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                          That was my first thought..But..I have absolutely zero skills/tools when it comes to trimming up wood.I can build anything outta steel,or sheetmetal..I thought about clamping a 1×4 to a metal table,and edging it with a chainsaw,no lie[emoji23]

How tall is the lip? The lip on my carport is 2.5 inches. I just placed a 2x6. I didn’t make any cuts to make a wedge. Placing the board was just enough make it easier. Try it out with a board slightly thinner than the lip.

Comment

I'd pour a short cement ramp rather than grind the existing.

Comment

Don’t let these fellas deter you , J. You grind the **** outta that concrete, and tell that silica dust to go pound sand!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                I almost bought that one.

I’ve used this a couple times, it’s works but really dusty.

Comment

Working...
                                X