No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll like that Pescador. Bought one myself last fall and have already had some awesome fly rod bass experiences in mine. Looking forward to putting it on a river soon.

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
      Haha cool. I've got 2 of the pescador 12s and love them.
      Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
      Man you are going to love that yak already missing my 10footer
      Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      My 13 year old bought the same boat after Christmas. It fished well for me when I used it.

Took my ascend 12 out last week and it was awesome
      Good to hear. I'm going to do a quick 6 miles on the river tomorrow before an overnight trip sometime this week on the Colorado between Columbus and Altair or Altair and Garwood.

One thing I would like to do in the next couple of weeks is take it out to the bay, but I will need to do some more research first and figure out where to go. I've always been a bit nervous about going to the bay, just because all my fishing has been out of bay boats and I can't imagine going that far on a kayak. I will have to do a bit of looking around and get something planned. Got to start somewhere.

Comment

There are sections of the Colorado that are just flat out gorgeous

Pm sent
        Last edited by Quackerbox; 03-05-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
          Good to hear. I'm going to do a quick 6 miles on the river tomorrow before an overnight trip sometime this week on the Colorado between Columbus and Altair or Altair and Garwood.

One thing I would like to do in the next couple of weeks is take it out to the bay, but I will need to do some more research first and figure out where to go. I've always been a bit nervous about going to the bay, just because all my fishing has been out of bay boats and I can't imagine going that far on a kayak. I will have to do a bit of looking around and get something planned. Got to start somewhere.
          I would be interested to hear what you think about the seat after extended paddling. It can get uncomfortable to me sometimes. I do need to get a better kayak friendly PFD. That's definitely part of the problem. I constantly feel hunched forward when paddling with the PFD on.

As far as coast fishing, there are some designated coastal paddling trails. Not sure where you are located but one may be near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            There are sections of the Colorado that are just flat out gorgeous

Pm sent
            If you are PMing about the Colorado I would be interested in any info as well.

I'm hoping to take my 13 year old on an overnight trip this summer and this is the leader in the clubhouse so far. Just not sure about camping. Especially a place that is conducive to hammock camping. This will be our first overnight kayak trip.

Comment

I would be interested to hear what you think about the seat after extended paddling. It can get uncomfortable to me sometimes. I do need to get a better kayak friendly PFD. That's definitely part of the problem. I constantly feel hunched forward when paddling with the PFD on.

As far as coast fishing, there are some designated coastal paddling trails. Not sure where you are located but one may be near you.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/...rails/coastal/
              I have seen those, and will probably end up just exploring a couple of them eventually, just can't make up my mind on where exactly. I'll definitely let you know on the seat. I actually was looking at some upgrades earlier, but it will probably be awhile before I invest in one.

I'm hoping to take my 13 year old on an overnight trip this summer and this is the leader in the clubhouse so far. Just not sure about camping. Especially a place that is conducive to hammock camping. This will be our first overnight kayak trip.
              Which section of the Colorado are you looking at? I'm sure you saw the link I posted above to LCRA. I will be making a couple of overnight trips over the next couple of months - one north of La Grange in the Plum area and one south of Columbus.

I have not spent the night on the river since last year and the water got real high since then, so I'll have both a hammock and tent in tow, and will be happy to give you a report on wherever I end up. Really hope there is still some good hammock camping because I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                I have seen those, and will probably end up just exploring a couple of them eventually, just can't make up my mind on where exactly. I'll definitely let you know on the seat. I actually was looking at some upgrades earlier, but it will probably be awhile before I invest in one.

Which section of the Colorado are you looking at? I'm sure you saw the link I posted above to LCRA. I will be making a couple of overnight trips over the next couple of months - one north of La Grange in the Plum area and one south of Columbus.

I have not spent the night on the river since last year and the water got real high since then, so I'll have both a hammock and tent in tow, and will be happy to give you a report on wherever I end up. Really hope there is still some good hammock camping because I love it.

Honestly I'm open to whichever section offers the best experience for an overnight trip for first timers. We have been kayaking for a few years but we have never camped. We took a guided fishing trip down the Brazos a few years ago and had a blast but that was just a day trip.

Comment

The one time I floated the Colo was on a fishing trip. We entered through private land and went to a park to take out. It was all arranged by the guide we used.

Once my wife replaces her boat I want to see about getting in there again.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                    I'm about to join the world of kayaking. Only problem is deciding which one to get. Been looking at a few. Jackson Coosa HD, wilderness systems ride 135, and the Feel Free Lure 135. Probably going to have to paddle them all before I make up my mind. Quite the investment so I don't wanna get this wrong.
                    Ive had a Coosa for 2 years now and it is a great boat hands down. standing is easy for throwing a fly. Drawback, it is slow and will catch some wind. Great boat for rivers. I just got a Hobie PA 12 for lake fishing and Im looking at selling my Coosa that is fully rigged out with LEDs, anchor trolly, etc to buy a Diablo Amigo. IMO that will be the best of both worlds.

Comment

We're about 2.5-3 miles in right now going from the star to Beason's park. Some hellacious wind going on, and were paddling straight into it now

The girlfriend got to see cows so she was happy

really enjoying the pescy so far

Comment

I was looking at the micro power poles but 500$ wow!! Any one have one and are they 490$ better than my broom handle I use lol?

Comment

Can I ask what type of life-jacket you're wearing?

I was looking at one of the auto-inflates, but it was pointed out to me that its probably not the right type for a yak given how wet you get. The idea being it auto-inflating when I don't need it to.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                            Can I ask what type of life-jacket you're wearing?

I was looking at one of the auto-inflates, but it was pointed out to me that its probably not the right type for a yak given how wet you get. The idea being it auto-inflating when I don't need it to.

I wear an NRS Chinook. Really comfortable and utilitarian. http://www.nrs.com/product/21501/nrs...ck-fishing-pfd

I am wearing it in this photo.

Comment

I thought about getting that same jacket but in orange but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra money. ..I'll have to give it a second look because I need to get one anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                                I thought about getting that same jacket but in orange but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra money. ..I'll have to give it a second look because I need to get one anyways
                                My biggest recommendation would be to spend enough money on it so that it is comfortable. Chances are you wont wear it if it isn't comfortable. I usually keep my pliers and fish grips attached to the vest. Once I put it on, I forget I'm wearing it!

Comment

Working...
                                X