Yellowstone closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowstone closed

We arrived this morning at a fishing lodge right outside of Yellowstone. We have no power and told all roads are closed due to massive flooding from rain and snow melt. Saying it’s the worst flood in decades. Nobody’s is entering or leaving Yellowstone. It’s crazy.

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    We arrived this morning at a fishing lodge right outside of Yellowstone. We have no power and told all roads are closed due to massive flooding from rain and snow melt. Saying it’s the worst flood in decades. Nobody’s is entering or leaving Yellowstone. It’s crazy.

https://www.kbzk.com/news/local-news...ortion-of-park
    I bet that will mess the fishing up for a while. Prayers for everyone up that way.

Comment

Wow! So you are stuck in the park now?! I was just through there about 3 weeks ago and visitor traffic was already pretty heavy even though the park was just getting opened for the season. Still lots of snowpack. I bet there is a lot of people stranded in there right now.

Comment

Pretty crazy! We need that kind of water our here in Utah.

Comment

WoW, this is horrible I hadn’t heard a thing about this!!!!

Comment

Wow, that’s a lot of water. Where does it drain to?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdog View Post
              Wow! So you are stuck in the park now?! I was just through there about 3 weeks ago and visitor traffic was already pretty heavy even though the park was just getting opened for the season. Still lots of snowpack. I bet there is a lot of people stranded in there right now.
              We are outside the park at a lodge but we are also cut off. No entrance or exit

Comment

No bueno...prayers for everyone that is affected!

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  Missouri River I am pretty sure.

Comment

Helicopter video of north entrance road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                      Helicopter video of north entrance road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Holy smokes. That’s gonna take awhile to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by BCoop27 View Post
                        Missouri River I am pretty sure.
                        The Yellowstone River drains out of Yellowstone Lake. The Missouri is N of Yellowstone Park and runs mostly W to E until it gets out of Montana where it splits and the S fork becomes the Yellowstone River and runs into the park from the NE.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          Most of it ends up in the Missouri courtesy of the Yellowstone, Madison, Gallatin and some more I am probably forgetting. The rest of it goes the other way to via the Snake River.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            The Yellowstone River drains out of Yellowstone Lake. The Missouri is N of Yellowstone Park and runs mostly W to E until it gets out of Montana where it splits and the S fork becomes the Yellowstone River and runs into the park from the NE.
                            It is the other way around. The Yellowstone River flows into the Missouri River in North Dakota. The Yellowstone's headwaters are outside the park boundary in Wyoming from there it flows into Yellowstone Lake and then leaves the lake and exits the park at Gardner then flows most of its length north and east until it dumps out into the Missouri.
                            Last edited by El General; 06-13-2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Montana & Idaho are run by California immigrants , who hire California engineers to
                              Build the infrastructure and control the government , that road looks nice and scenic, but overall structural unsound
                              The California idiots just silted in that River for 50+ miles maybe more
                              Texas is heading that way already

Comment

Working...
                              X