Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family island vacation without vaccination??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody in my family got the jab but we would like to take a vacation somewhere in Caribbean or possibly Hawaii. Kids ages are 20-10. Would just like to go somewhere new besides Florida. Can’t take a cruise but don’t want to spend a fortune even tho I expect to drop some coin.

Mexico doesn’t require it and lots of great all inclusive resorts to choose from. Cozumel is the only true island destination in Mexico and only has a few resort type places and less to do for families outside of the resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We're going to Hawaii (Kauai) in late July.

Comment

If going to Mexico go to Isla Mujeres. Or better check out Ambercus Cay

Comment

Jamaica

Comment

Originally posted by xdaryl View Post
            Jamaica
            Not for a family. Nastiest, most un-family friendly (outside a resort) place in the Caribbean I’ve ever been.

Op, if your wanting to be budget friendly, take Hawaii off the list, although it’s probably the most family friendly and safest destination on your list. I would add Roatan, Honduras as a option too.
            Last edited by Sackett; 06-08-2022, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Leaving Sunday for the Dominican Republic. No jab or test required. Mexico is jab free and can be pretty budget friendly. Bahamas is no jab… but not budget. Jamaica requires none. Turks don’t

Only jab required I know of is cruise ships. And I’d never go that route anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                We're going to Hawaii (Kauai) in late July.
                We just got back from Hawaii. Very family friendly and no questions about vaccine. Have to wear a mask in national park buildings. We did Maui Oahu and Kauai. You have to get reservations to get into several state parks.

Comment

We were going through the same thing. Had planned in Hawaii until the flights went crazy. Ended up choosing Turks and Caicos. Haven been in 13 years, but we are looking forward to it. No vax needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A lot of the island stuff was lifted within the last few days

Comment

Went to kuai with wife few yrs ago. But like mentioned flying family of 5 is outrageous now. Our original plan earlier this yr was Hawaii again like maybe Honolulu or somewhere. Now we are trying to find a slightly cheaper option that the flight won’t blow the budget by itself.

Comment

Rico

Comment

Not an island, but we are going to Costa Rica later this summer and there are no vax requirements

Comment

Just got back from Mexico a couple weeks ago. No jab requirement and while there was signs for masks, nobody was wearing the stupid things except resort employees but most had it pulled down.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              Just got back from Mexico a couple weeks ago. No jab requirement and while there was signs for masks, nobody was wearing the stupid things except resort employees but most had it pulled down.
                              Not to derail, what area y’all go? And what was seaweed status?

Comment

Working...
                              X