Cotton seed heads up….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton seed heads up….

They just brought the first load of feed for the week to dairy and they had to eliminate the whole cotton seed from ratio…… cause they ain’t got any… and so far can’t get any

So before y’all drive across state to pick up cotton seed you better check availability. Lord knows what price is if you find it.

Got 10 tons being delivered tomorrow... It ain't cheap, but it is available... So far... We'll see what the next load come late July looks like...

Comment

I’ve found it in bags pretty easy here lately. It’s high 16$ a 50. But it’s there if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
        I’ve found it in bags pretty easy here lately. It’s high 16$ a 50. But it’s there if you want it.

That’s crazy expensive! You may want to look into buying it in bulk unless you have money to burn. $16 a bag would come out to $640 a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
          are you sure it's 50lb and not 40lb bags?

that's insanely expensive either way. the point of cottonseed was that it was a less expensive feed. paying protein prices for something that doesn't have all the elements of protein feed is just crazy.

Comment

At $16 a bag, you might as well buy the fortified stuff for $17. Muy Grande is up to $255 a tote from $240 from the last time I was there.

Comment

Ours was delivered yesterday a little early... got folks fillin' feeders now... Deer are cheerin'!!

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                are you sure it's 50lb and not 40lb bags?

that's insanely expensive either way. the point of cottonseed was that it was a less expensive feed. paying protein prices for something that doesn't have all the elements of protein feed is just crazy.
                I use the bags as more of a means to an end, its convenient and easy to pick up a few bags on the way out there and put out on the ground or in a cage and the hogs don't touch it at my place.

Yeah it's expensive and I'd love to buy bulk but it's serving it's purpose till I can save enough up to either make a bulk purchase or buy some substantial protein feeders Plus its a good way to introduce deer to cottonseed before buying a ton of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post
                  I use the bags as more of a means to an end, its convenient and easy to pick up a few bags on the way out there and put out on the ground or in a cage and the hogs don't touch it at my place.

Yeah it's expensive and I'd love to buy bulk but it's serving it's purpose till I can save enough up to either make a bulk purchase or buy some substantial protein feeders Plus its a good way to introduce deer to cottonseed before buying a ton of it.

Yep I can understand that. It took the deer on my place months to start eating it, but once they did.. [emoji51]

Comment

I bought a load for $300 ton in December which usually last me thru the fall.
                    Had another load delivered yesterday at $455 ton. Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                      I bought a load for $300 ton in December which usually last me thru the fall.
                      Had another load delivered yesterday at $455 ton. Yikes
                      $455/ton delivered sounds pretty dang fair right now with fuel/product prices where they’re at.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        $455/ton delivered sounds pretty dang fair right now with fuel/product prices where they’re at.
                        That did not include delivery.
                        Used a local fellow I knew to pick it up & deliver to me for $300

Comment

Might get some relief when they start ginning this year's cotton. Might is the key word.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                            That did not include delivery.
                            Used a local fellow I knew to pick it up & deliver to me for $300
                            How many tons did you get for a $300 delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              Might get some relief when they start ginning this year's cotton. Might is the key word.
                              Cotton doesn't look to healthy where I have been up and down 77.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X