Timber company leases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timber company leases

I want to get a group together for next year and get our hands on a large timber tract in Hardin or San Augustine… does anyone know the inns and outs of the best way to do this? I have bud in the past and the winner actually had a lower bud than what I offered soooo what gives? What’s the process/secrets etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m on one in Panola County but I don’t know how to go about getting one. I just joined an established one. I’ll ask them and see if they have any info.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
        I’m on one in Panola County but I don’t know how to go about getting one. I just joined an established one. I’ll ask them and see if they have any info.

Only thing I’ve heard is they favor people who have worked with them in the past …hoping some of y’all have some insight

Comment

They have a web site . You can look up available tracks and submit your price per acre you are willing to pay.. expect that price to go up every year. If you average it by the amount of deer you can/ will kill its the same price as a central Texas lease. Except you stare at pine trees all day instead of watching deer .

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
            They have a web site . You can look up available tracks and submit your price per acre you are willing to pay.. expect that price to go up every year. If you average it by the amount of deer you can/ will kill its the same price as a central Texas lease. Except you stare at pine trees all day instead of watching deer .

I understand that part I actually offered a higher bud on a 4000 acre property a few years back and the winner has actually bid 2$ an acre lower than me

Comment

You might check Rayonier.com and Rayonierhunting.com. They are timber managers for several timber companies and normally list their available tracks online. Warning, they don’t mind coming in and starting a dirt pit on their leased property and selling dirt for the next several years resulting in less huntable property that you still have to pay for. Ask me how I know. That’s why I changed leases this year.

Comment

Contact the Paper Co in that area.

Comment

They are not obligated to take the highest bidder. First thing you have to do is get the property. As a newbie you will probably have to be the highest bidder. Then once you’re awarded the property you may only have a month or two to pay for it. That varies, but expect to move fast. It’s difficult to find members, and get the timber company paid the first year. Once you do, you will have the option to renew your lease annually. You don’t have to outbid people every year. Good luck to you. Search all available leases and bid on everything you may want.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    They are not obligated to take the highest bidder. First thing you have to do is get the property. As a newbie you will probably have to be the highest bidder. Then once you’re awarded the property you may only have a month or two to pay for it. That varies, but expect to move fast. It’s difficult to find members, and get the timber company paid the first year. Once you do, you will have the option to renew your lease annually. You don’t have to outbid people every year. Good luck to you. Search all available leases and bid on everything you may want.

Thank you sir it’s early planning but any and all help is always welcomed

Comment

AntlerCollector had some good points. I will tell you that the timber company I lease from will give preference to someone that either lives close to the tract or already leases from them. After this year I am not sure how they are going to do the contracts. When I first started leasing you would get a three year contract and the contract would show how much it would be per acre for each year. Then when they changed hands they went to just one year contracts, I think to get all the leases synchronized to start and end on the same years. My last contract was back to three years again but this coming season will be the third year of my current contract so will see what happens for next year. All payments would be due June 1 but not sure about how they are treating new leases. Have folks lined up that are going to be a part of it so your money will be ready to pay. If you find a tract that your really like make sure to bid what it is worth to you to get it- you don't get a second chance.

Comment

Try FRCleasing.com and see if there are any leases listed there

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          Try FRCleasing.com and see if there are any leases listed there

Notta as of right now but they going in my list for sure

Comment

I’m in

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                              I’m in

If we can make it happen for next year would be pretty neat a whole Tbh lease

Comment

Working...
                              X