Wildlife Ag Exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Ag Exemption

Has anyone here placed their land into the wildlife ag exemption. We recently bought land and I am going through the 1-d-1 form and am a little lost. Just asking for some help from someone has experience with this. Please DM me.

PM sent I just transitioned 10 acres from 1-d-1 Ag/Timber to Wildlife

Comment

I don't know about your county, but if the land was not in 1-D-1 prior to purchase we cannot apply for it for at least 1 year after the purchase.

What is your question on the form?

Comment

Contact your local TPWD wildlife biologist for the correct information for the county you live in. There are 254 counties in the state and they all have different rules. When we bought our land we were able to go right into a wildlife program with the plan the region state biologist laid out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
          Contact your local TPWD wildlife biologist for the correct information for the county you live in. There are 254 counties in the state and they all have different rules. When we bought our land we were able to go right into a wildlife program with the plan the region state biologist laid out for us.
          This

Comment

Good info. Most counties that have a timber exemption make you us it before converting to wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
              Originally posted by Hatfield View Post
              This

...well sorta... Like posted above, every county is different, but you will have to contact your county for specifics. For instance, I have 50 acres that is 1-d-1 and has been for many, many years... When we purchased the place back in '15, my intention was to re-register it for "wildlife" exemption... Trouble is, in my county the minimum acreage is 50 acres!! Well I have 50 acres, but when I take out (because it is required) my "homestead" from that since you cannot have double exemption, I no longer have 50 acres in the 1-d-1... Neighboring counties some as low as 10 acres...

Comment

I had no choice to move mine or lose the ag/Timber valuation
                County changed the minimum acerage rules from 10 to 20 to be under timber
                Submitted application & wildlife plan and got approved
                Probably can get quicker & accurate info by going direct to county appraisal office

Comment

I'll PM you my contact info. Give me a shout if you have any questions. We converted our place from Ag to Wildlife Exempt and maintained the exemption for last 5 years. Its fairly simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                    I'll PM you my contact info. Give me a shout if you have any questions. We converted our place from Ag to Wildlife Exempt and maintained the exemption for last 5 years. Its fairly simple.
                    Same here 5-7 years ago! Easy

One part of ours still in AG because hay field

Comment

Does your county make you turn in an annual report at the end of the year? I have mine ready to submit and was told, “no need to turn it in, you are already good on our end”.

Comment

We're in Wharton County and we have to file every year. Other counties do not require the annual update.

Comment

We are in Brown county and have to file each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilik2hunt View Post
                            We are in Brown county and have to file each year.
                            Mills County also

Comment

Not much help for OP but, Atascosa county is minimum 20 acres.

Comment

Working...
                              X