Update on the Iowa Flyer Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the Iowa Flyer Buck

I haven't hunted since I tagged out on November 18th. I have sat in the saddle and stands quite a few times just to enjoy being out and watching deer. I just couldn't get into the firearms season this year. Also I really didn't have any remaining freezer space. With just my wife and I eating the meat I always ask myself....how many do you really need to kill?

Anyhow.....My neighbor came over this afternoon and said "I think I have the buck you were after in my truck". He found the Flyer dead in his pasture.[emoji3525]

Actually another neighbor saw antlers sticking up out of the grass off the gravel road. He called my neighbor and asked if he knew that there was a nice buck down in his pasture. They went down and got the head. They could not tell how the buck was killed. The coyotes and other animals had already gotten to the buck. There was not much left of the carcass.

It's sad the Flyer didn't make it. He did make it thru the rut and his genetics will still be around. He was found about 300-400 yards from where I got most of the pictures of him. At least I got to put my hands on his antlers.

I will never know how he was killed, but I do know the end of the story which is better by than not knowing. My neighbor is going to have a Euro done on the head.

He had a broken brow tine on the left side and a broken G4 on the right side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 12-27-2021, 03:10 PM.

Dang, that was a heck of a deer!

Comment

Dang nice deer

Comment

Hoss!!!

Comment

That sucks but at least someone found him and let you know about it . So you are not wondering what happened to him are trying to hunt him next season.

Comment

He's solid. Good looking buck.

Comment

Dang it! Beautiful deer

Comment

that is a heck of a deer. At least you know the ending........

Comment

Cool buck Mike! It is always better to know than not know, sad ending to an area stud!

Comment

Oh noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful BEAST..........yep, at least you know!

Comment

Man, this was NOT what I wanted to read when I opened this thread, Arrowsmith...I hate that you didn't get him, but I am glad that you know where he ended up. Hopefully his offspring will be in your area with his traits visible, and you can enjoy chasing them

Comment

Awesome!!! Not awesome!!

Comment

That’s a shame. Hopefully his genes will be around for a long time.

Comment

Dang,what a buck..Glad you got to see him,amdhandle tjat headgear..We've been in North Iowa since last Thursday.Still blows my mind how big these critter's are.

Comment

Dang Mike
                              Really cool deer..

Comment

Working...
                              X