My Girl Shot Her First Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a tough season this year, but it could not have ended better for me. Drove out to the lease early Saturday morning to see if my 14 year old could get her first buck. I had my doubts due to the way this year had gone for us. We got in the stand about an hour before shooting time and waited patiently.

About 15 minutes after shooting time, we still hadn't seen anything at all, but that all changed just a few minutes later. I look up and see a buck headed straight towards the feeder. He never stopped, went right past the feeder and dissapeared into the mesquites. My heart sunk and I thought it was already over. Then my daughter said he was coming in the backside of the feeder pen. He hopped the fence and immediately turned facing away from us....no shot. After 5 minutes of waiting for him to turn, he finally quartered slightly and stepped forward opening up his vitals for a quartering away shot. I told my daughter this might be her only opportunity as she said she could make the shot. I told her to take it when she was on him....BANG! I barely got the words out before he crumpled to the ground without taking a step. She shot it with a Remington 742 30-06 that used to belong to her grandfather.

It was a memorable hunt for sure. He was a mainframe 8 with one G3 broken off at it's base. She is still smiling, but not as much as I am!

The smile says it all! Congrats to you both.

Comment

congrats to both of you.

Comment

Congratulations to the young lady !

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter and you too!

Comment

Way to go on a great buck

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats to you and your daughter. That's awesome!!!

Comment

She says she wants her next one to be with a bow. She got her first bow for Christmas!

Once we got it sighted in for her, she started putting it in the bullseye every shot. This was only at 10 yards. I'm confident she will be ready come October!

Comment

awesome, congrats!

Comment

Awesome story... My goal is to take my baby sister on her first whitetail kill (buck or doe). Our dad passed away, so i feel that its my job to step up to thge plate and put her on her first deer. no luck yet..

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by RageMeister View Post
                            Awesome story... My goal is to take my baby sister on her first whitetail kill (buck or doe). Our dad passed away, so i feel that its my job to step up to thge plate and put her on her first deer. no luck yet..
                            Sorry to hear about your dad, Rage. My older brother is the one who spent his time with me taking me hunting. I am forever grateful to him for caring enough about me to take me with him and his buddies.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X