No announcement yet.

How many new biologists did TPWD hire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correctly they were going to phase in the hiring of 20 FTE's.

Comment

All the things to complain about and you pick this. Come on, it’s 300 bucks and some paper. If your that hard up, hunt regular season or just don’t fill one protein feeder for a month. Better yet don’t complain at all and be thankful we get the opportunity to have mld.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
        All the things to complain about and you pick this. Come on, it’s 300 bucks and some paper. If your that hard up, hunt regular season or just don’t fill one protein feeder for a month. Better yet don’t complain at all and be thankful we get the opportunity to have mld.
        Yea, you’re right. How old fashioned of me to expect value for my money. After spending thousands of dollars a year improving habitat for the state’s deer I deserve to pay an extra fee so they can hire more pencil pushers.

Maybe they should raise the price of a hunting license $100 a year. That would really bring in some serious cash.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Yea, you’re right. How old fashioned of me to expect value for my money. After spending thousands of dollars a year improving habitat for the state’s deer I deserve to pay an extra fee so they can hire more pencil pushers.

Maybe they should raise the price of a hunting license $100 a year. That would really bring in some serious cash.
          Make a regular hunting license $300 a year.

I'll save this thread for when that happens so I can tell these guys it's just a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
            TPWD is a joke with how things are being run.
            Word on the street is that TPWD(Austin) is now WOKE and is being completely taken over by liberals.
            True story..

Comment

I can personally say I have been watch for TPWD biologist jobs for the last year and I have seen very few, and the majority are on the coast for fisheries management. Graduated from A&M a year ago and have a couple years of biologist experience between internships and my current job. As of all my 2022 applications I have put in (even for fisheries) most are still under review. Gov. is slow as molasses when it comes to hiring, state and feds.

Comment

I got a new one in Webb county and I know Frio is getting a new one as well

Comment

Well I got some payback with my money today. We submitted our application for our renewal of our DMP yesterday and our new biologist approved and forwarded the application to Austin today. It has never happened that quickly in the prior three years we did it.

Comment

Are you improving habitat or just filling feeders like everybody else?

Comment

I received an email from our biologist in Dewitt County that she is moving to another county and they are hiring a new one for Dewitt this summer. I was told by another biologist that some have over 700 MLD accounts to handle. The folks around our neck of the woods work hard and are extremely helpful if you invite them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
                        TPWD is a joke with how things are being run.
                        True, but nobody is laughing !

Comment

Another waste, caused by TPWD, and now costing taxpayers to fix is the Small mouth bass debacle. They stocked small mouths in a bunch of central Texas streams with out checking to see if they would cross breed with other basses. Now they crossed with Guadalupe bass, the state fish, to the point that it is almost impossible to catch a pure bred Guad. They are raising millions of Guad to restock to offset the small mouths....at our expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                            Are you improving habitat or just filling feeders like everybody else?
                            Feeders are not habitat. Brush control and cleaning out silted ponds are habitat improvements. I had an audit inspection from the county appraisal district and passed with flying colors. The county guy said the state was pressuring them.

Comment

We got a new biologist in Williamson, but only because the former biologist got a promotion and vacated the position.

Comment

Working...
                              X