Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
    How long does it usually take to credit back the money when not drawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2nd time in 4 years I was unsuccessful. Last time they mailed a check and it seems like it was around a month or so later.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      I would go 5th - 12th if I were you.
      Thank you. I may make a couple of trips up there. I'm thinking Nov. 11-13 and the week of thanksgiving. My FIL has a few new places scouted out for me that look promising. He went this weekend and put cell cams up on his place and another promising location on the Ninnescah River. I'm pumped to say the least since I struck out in New Mexico, Utah and Colorado this year.

Comment

What are yalls thoughts on Oct 26th- Nov 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
          I think that's a bit early, I hunt unit 11 and it is hopping around the 10th to the 25th.

I'll be going the 11th to the 20th.
          Last edited by Bassdeer; 06-20-2022, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
            The 4th may be a good day. I shot my biggest to date on Nov 4th but I have sat in KS and not seen a deer on Nov 4th on more than 1 occasion. It can be hit or miss IMO depending on the weather, stand location/selection and most importantly....LUCK.
            I would go a few days later if i were you. Maybe get there on Nov 4th.

Comment

Congratulations to all that drew. Looking forward to the live threads and cooler weather

Comment

Hunted from Oct 29th to Nov 21st last year with 4 days off. Full moon will be Nov 8th this year. Trying to narrow it down to 1 week is hit or miss usually. I tell everybody to try and stay for at least 10 days minimum if you can make it work. Love the 3rd week right before
                Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                  The 4th may be a good day. I shot my biggest to date on Nov 4th but I have sat in KS and not seen a deer on Nov 4th on more than 1 occasion. It can be hit or miss IMO depending on the weather, stand location/selection and most importantly....LUCK.
                  I can pick whatever days, just got to work around having my son but usually his mom is good with swapping weekends. Im just trying to hit it during the peak of them chasing/searching. If I need to bump in to a week later then I can.

Comment

kerr pointed out that full moon is Nov 8th. I like the 7 days on either side of it. Really early and really late. That is just my preference. So, i would think any where Nov 1-15 would be good. I have always heard the week of Thanksgiving is good too but I have never hunted KS that week.
                    Im sure others will say they like the new moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                      I would go with this as well. 4th - 10th of Nov or so would be my pick for things starting to get going, responding to calls, rattling, etc.

Comment

I haven’t hunted Kanas in 10yrs but if I were going to hunt it would be late season after the rifle season. My friend who I hunted with with doesn’t hunt until December. His family owns several thousand acres and he says this is the best time.

Comment

I have hunted Kansas for the last 15 out of 16 years. I have never done an all day sit during that time. Last year was the latest I have ever hunted before rifle season and it was a revelation to me how many good bucks i saw. My son shot his large non-typical at 1230pm over a decoy(buck and a doe). I killed my avatar buck over a decoy as well. Decoy hunting is the most exciting way to hunt big whitetails in my opinion.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wife and I are in. Blessed. I have drawn last 11 years. Good luck to all.

Comment

For those of you going public, do not discount September when season opens. They are on a hard feed pattern and go from A to B like on a cattle trail. Be prepared for a very early shot in the morning or late shot in the evening. Those big boys go to be early and get up late.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                For those of you going public, do not discount September when season opens. They are on a hard feed pattern and go from A to B like on a cattle trail. Be prepared for a very early shot in the morning or late shot in the evening. Those big boys go to be early and get up late.
                                Yeah I am super excited to give that a shot. Hopefully I can find some decent deer on food sources.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X