No announcement yet.

Two polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No and no property sales of any type or size to communist or communist entities

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      My thoughts on number 1 is these big companies are coming into neighborhoods and buying up everything they can, slightly over market. Then increasing the price even higher, pricing out someone who could’ve initially bought it for what the owner was asking. I’m all for free enterprise and capitalism, but what they are doing is blatant market manipulation. Pretty soon we will be a nation of renters rather than buyers.
      That’s why they are allowed to do it and also why they will never be allowed to fail. They use our money to price us out of the market…….horse ****

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        1. Yes………free enterprise system.
        2. No……….No governing of private property.
        This

Comment

Thanks for the replies and keeping it civil.

I say
          yes and no (although I don't like it either).

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I know each poll is it's own can of worms. Not looking for why these should or should not be allowed. Try to take away personal feelings and answer what's best for Texas or America.

Again - keep it simple.

1. Should private equity and public companies be allowed to buy single family homes? As in buying multiple homes as a business and renting them out. Not talking about someone owning a second or even 3rd home and putting on AirBnB or renting.

2. Should Texas somehow stop or restrict large ranches from being divided and sold off into small tracks?
            I would say yes, to question number 1, because it has been going on for a long time. You probably would not believe how many rental houses are owned by property management companies. A friend of the family, who has been dead for many years. Owned one or more property management companies, for years before he died. From what he told me, he owned in the neighborhood of 1500 to 2500 houses, in most every larger city in Texas. Then he owned many large apartment complexes, in those same cities. I know he owned those properties back in the 80s and 90s. That was just one of his investments. He was originally a geologist, who found a lot of oil, under properties all over Texas, he found the owners of those properties and paid them for those properties, then had drilling companies drill on those properties. That's how he got very wealthy to allow him to invest his money in so many areas, including real estate.

On the second question. I have thought for years, that someone needs to somehow stop the development of the lands of our state, for a bunch of reasons. We really don't have enough water to support a lot more people in this state. We really don't need to try and find water to supply a larger population. They really should be moving to areas, where there is a good supply of water, here in Texas we do not have that. Look what has happened to southern California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. They don't have enough water out there, those areas are drying up fast. You have farmers competing with developed areas for water.

Then we really don't need any more people in our state. We like most of the rest of the country does not have a power grid to support all of these people. The only way we could efficiently make enough power to supply a much large population, electricity, would be to build a bunch more natural gas, coal, or nuclear power plants, the government does not want any of those being made. We don't have many rivers of any size that will power a decent sized water turbine power plants, and then the government does not want anymore power plant dams built either. We need to worry about our state, and let the rest of the country worry about the problems they have. We don't need them migrating here, causing the same problems here, that they have there. Whichever area of the country, they are trying to escape. Moving from one desert area, to another, only moves where the bigger problem is.

We will wind up just like California in 10 years or less. This state will be over run with democrats, that make everything illegal, then we won't have enough water or electricity for the number of people living here. Our already small rivers will pretty much disappear. These developers, who have bought up a bunch of land around the state, and then advertised all over the country, that Texas is the place to move to, then the big companies that have moved here and brought so many people with them, are going to screw this state to death. Then once things get very bad here, they will start packing up and moving to some other area of the country to F to death. But they will leave us with a financially broke state, and a bunch of retarded laws, that make most everything that we have enjoyed in this state, illegal.

Then the reason that is so important to me, is I love this state for what is has been, during my life time. It is not what it was 150 years ago, it's not what it was 100 years ago, or even 80 years ago. I know that much of the north, central, and southern parts of the state were mostly open plains. The introduction of cattle, then moving cattle around this state, has greatly increased the spread of mesquite and the mountain juniper/cedar. It has changed a lot in appearance since the introduction of cattle. I don't see it ever going back to being mostly open plains. I would love to see it stay as close to what it has been, with lots of undeveloped land, even if I don't own, but one little speck of this state.

I know you said don't do this and don't do that, but you opened that can of worms.
            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-17-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

No and No

Comment

1. Yes

2. No

What is the purpose of this poll?

Comment

Yes

No

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    1. Yes………free enterprise system.
                    2. No……….No governing of private property.

My vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      1. Yes

2. No

What is the purpose of this poll?
                      Everything has become so divisive I just wanted to see what TBHers thought on these issues.

The first one because it will become a big deal soon on housing. Blame game will be thrown all around (except what's actually to blame of course). So was curious if TBHers were still American capitalists.

The second one for the same reason. Because I know many are super sick of seeing land divided and so many out of staters moving here. Seems like we are all still on the same side of the American dream even though we don't like these things.

I thought it was a good positive poll. Try this poll elsewhere and I bet you get different opinions, which is sad IMO

Comment

1 yes
                        2 no

Deeper answer to number 1, capitalism. The problem with the vast majority of economic problems IMO is we aren't in a truly free market. Set it free and watch the bad ideas fail. Very rarely does the market need regulations. But it can happen. Just no where near as often as it has been.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Everything has become so divisive I just wanted to see what TBHers thought on these issues.

The first one because it will become a big deal soon on housing. Blame game will be thrown all around (except what's actually to blame of course). So was curious if TBHers were still American capitalists.

The second one for the same reason. Because I know many are super sick of seeing land divided and so many out of staters moving here. Seems like we are all still on the same side of the American dream even though we don't like these things.

I thought it was a good positive poll. Try this poll elsewhere and I bet you get different opinions, which is sad IMO
                          It’s been here. Over half of residential properties around me in the past couple of years are being bought by corporations. Absolute capitalism. Is what it is.

Comment

No and no

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes and no.

I’m not liking the outcomes of either of them, but I think it’s mostly not because of capitalism, but CHRONY capitalism.

Comment

From what I've heard house buying has turned into a bidding war including private citizens.

Comment

Working...
                                X