Yellowstone closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    It is the other way around. The Yellowstone River flows into the Missouri River in North Dakota. The Yellowstone's headwaters are outside the park boundary in Wyoming from there it flows into Yellowstone Lake and then leaves the lake and exits the park at Gardner then flows most of its length north and east until it dumps out into the Missouri.
    All the more reason to figure out how to divert water to the Green river that feeds the Colorado.

Comment

My daughter, her new husband and 2 of their friends are heading out of there because of this. They are outside the park and are able to leave. It will be a honeymoon story for the ages I think.

Yall stay safe up there

Comment

Just saw a tiktok where it took out a bridge. Pretty wild, y’all be safe.

Comment

We we’re staying in Gardiner all week while visiting YNP, we took that washed out road everyday. We just left yesterday and we’re spending a couple of days in Emigrant with friends but has to leave in a hurry from their place to get across the Yellowstone river , sounds like we got out just in time over the Pine Creek rd crossing. Beautiful place , the last time I was their we left about a week before the 88 fires started.

Comment

Mother Nature.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
              Montana & Idaho are run by California immigrants , who hire California engineers to
              Build the infrastructure and control the government , that road looks nice and scenic, but overall structural unsound
              The California idiots just silted in that River for 50+ miles maybe more
              Texas is heading that way already
              A ton of dumb in this post. You do realize over half the road in Yellowstone were built by the 1930s. **** you for making me kinda defend cali people.

Comment

Prayers for folks in WY and MT.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  Montana & Idaho are run by California immigrants , who hire California engineers to
                  Build the infrastructure and control the government , that road looks nice and scenic, but overall structural unsound
                  The California idiots just silted in that River for 50+ miles maybe more
                  Texas is heading that way already
                  Uh…Montana, Idaho and Wyoming are solidly Republican and have been for many years.

Comment

I was there 2 weeks ago and it rained and snowed almost non stop for 5 days, Lewis Lake just before you get to Yellowstone was still froze over.

Comment

Any of the runoff go into Lake Mead?

Comment

We have a trip scheduled for early October and staying just outside of the north entrance I think. Judging by the videos I’ve seen of the road, I’m not sure that we will be able to get in there by then. That’s a lot of road to fix.

Comment

Don’t know if it is true but folks who own the lodge we are at are saying Yellowstone is devastated. They are air lifting people out.

We are trapped where we are staying. As of now cannot get out for some days. Lodge owners are saying they can get helicopters in if needed. There were house floating down the river. We are safe but this is nuts

Comment

Well heck, we were going to head up that way in a few weeks, guess we will change our plans, that is one good thing about having a motorhome, make no plans break no plans.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              It is the other way around. The Yellowstone River flows into the Missouri River in North Dakota. The Yellowstone's headwaters are outside the park boundary in Wyoming from there it flows into Yellowstone Lake and then leaves the lake and exits the park at Gardner then flows most of its length north and east until it dumps out into the Missouri.
                              My bad, so what is the large waterway that is on the S side of Yellowstone Lake and does it flow S (out of the lake) or N into the lake ?

Comment

Working...
                              X