Estate Sale Find - Marine Headstone - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate Sale Find - Marine Headstone - Need Help

I went to an estate sale this morning and this was in the barn. No one knew anything about it. Long story short, I left with it. I've googled all ways I know how to google and have come up empty. You couldn't read the death date because it was covered in dirt dobbers. I sure would like to get this to where it's supposed to be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	25284237

Hope he wasn't buried in the barn.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Lol. No, unless they poured the slab over him.

Comment

Here is his brother's obituary, which lists survivors which would have been his nieces, nephews etc. Maybe try to locate some of these names.

Herbert L Boggess went to be with his Lord on August 12, 2011 after a valiant two year battle with cancer. Herb was born on July 10, 1919, in Houston, TX. He grew up in LaPorte, TX and entered the Army Air Corps as a radio operator in 1942. His military career included assignments as a Sgt. Pilot and eventually as a...

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
          Here is his brother's obituary, which lists survivors which would have been his nieces, nephews etc. Maybe try to locate some of these names.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...t-lyle-boggess
          Thanks!

Comment

Comment

Local vfw might be able to point you in the right direction

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Found his last residence in Granbury, TX.
                Wife died in 2006, in Ft. Worth, TX. Cleopatra Waldrop Mabry.

You'll have to know/find the county of death to know place of burial.

Comment

oh wow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Things that make you go hummmmmm!! Good luck with the search OP. I applaud your good intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...t-lyle-boggess
                      I've sent four Facebook messages to his nieces and great nieces. Hopefully one of them will answer back.

Comment

Curious why his headstone wouldn’t be at his grave site?

Comment

Sometimes the family gets a headstone from the gov for free, my grandpa passed and was cremated and got the headstone but was sent to my parents house so we had to bring it to the cemetery ourselves so could’ve been something like that maybe was meant to placed at some point in time later on and just never happened

Comment

Might be a mistake headstone…. My son does leatherwork and went to a Memorial place where they make headstones, looking to buy a piece of marble to do his leather tooling on, and they sold him a headstone that they made a mistake on the name/ dates.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Curious why his headstone wouldn’t be at his grave site?
                              See post #2......

Comment

Working...
                              X