No announcement yet.

2022 High School Baseball Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another win for Friendswood! The team last year was beat by Barbers Hill who went on to state and won. The team this year is on fire.

GO Friendswood!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
      Another win for Friendswood! The team last year was beat by Barbers Hill who went on to state and won. The team this year is on fire.

GO Friendswood!
      Been to 3 of their playoff games and they have some phenomenal pitching and good hitters. My nephew is a Junior and pitched a gem to get them out of their only struggle this post season. He hasn’t pitched since, but they haven’t needed him to either with their starters doing so well. Going to be a great game vs. Georgetown.

Comment

Sinton has some studs & won over Argyle
        Didn’t make that game but we are here for todays matchups at Dell Diamond. Gonna be scorching hot too

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Been to 3 of their playoff games and they have some phenomenal pitching and good hitters. My nephew is a Junior and pitched a gem to get them out of their only struggle this post season. He hasn’t pitched since, but they haven’t needed him to either with their starters doing so well. Going to be a great game vs. Georgetown.
          Yes sir! Last year was a heart breaker. This year they look determined. Both of my kids are in high school and we are hyped up. Are you going to the game or streaming it?

Comment

Lots of blue in the stands at the Dell Diamond tomorrow. Good luck....We are close with a few players and it is going to be a good game. Caught the last portion of the Friendswood game last night and they looked sharp. Great fan base as well. Of course, I have to head to Houston early in the morning for work and will miss the game. Congrats to all teams for making it this far!! Go Eagles!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
              Sinton has some studs & won over Argyle
              Didn’t make that game but we are here for todays matchups at Dell Diamond. Gonna be scorching hot too
              Was able to watch Sinton beat a very good Calallen team last weekend, figured they'd be a tough match up.

Congrats to the Sinton Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                Yes sir! Last year was a heart breaker. This year they look determined. Both of my kids are in high school and we are hyped up. Are you going to the game or streaming it?
                Going to stream it. Can’t make it to the game but will be rooting them on

Comment

CC London advances over Gunter with a 4-1 win

Comment

3A title game was a slug fest. 29 total runs scored & 24 total hits. Corpus Christi London won over Brock 16-13
                    Close win for Georgetown 2-1 over Friendswood in 5A title game

Comment

My Caroll Dragons won another title

Comment

I don’t keep up HS baseball, so in the state games, is it one game and winner take all???

Comment

You can Google the UIL 2022 Playoff Handbook.

It is pretty complicated. From back when my son played in the semifinals at Disch Falk Field in Austin (the Final Four), if the two teams did not agree on either a one game playoff or a three game series, a coin flip gave the choice to the coin flip winner. The rules appear to give each District Champion the right to choose, and then coin flips if no agreement until the final four, which I think are single games. Teams with a deep staff will prefer the three game series, and a team with an ace might want a single game if they think their ace is better than the opponent's ace.

Here is part of the rules I copied from the website:

Playoff Game Format. Play-off games may be single elimination or two-out-of-three from bi-district to state. If neither method is mutually agreeable, a coin flip shall determine play-off format.

• In the bi-district round, District champions are able to determine whether to play a single game or a series. Site and all other game arrangements will be negotiated between the two participating teams.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                            I don’t keep up HS baseball, so in the state games, is it one game and winner take all???
                            Yes in both semifinal & final is single game

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              3A title game was a slug fest. 29 total runs scored & 24 total hits. Corpus Christi London won over Brock 16-13

Wow! Bet that was a blast for all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                                Wow! Bet that was a blast for all!

For everyone but the pitchers

Comment

Working...
                                X