Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much appreciated update. Y'all are such an inspiration to all of us to never give up, never quit. We'll continue praying for you both. Just know that HE is using y'all in ways that you may never see.

Comment

Praying for both of you in your continuing victory!

Comment

Praying

Comment

Good afternoon, friends and family!

Thought I should take the time to update you on my cancer journey. Especially since your comments are always such a blessing of encouragement to me!

Today’s photo is of a Three-toed Box Turtle from a few years back. I’m sure you all know the story of the tortoise and the hare. The patience and persistence of the tortoise are necessary for me as well! When I’m tempted to be in a hurry, God reminds me that His timing is always perfect.

I have completed my 6th monthly round of chemo and another infusion, which I get every two weeks. I am still using my walker to get around. But I feel better and have been doing some simple exercises that take about 20 minutes. I do them most days, sometimes twice. Except for days that are filled up, usually by doctor appointments. Overall, my energy levels are better as well. I have been sleeping well most nights. Of course, this is all possible because of the love of my life, Mindy! Speaking of which, today we celebrate the anniversary of the first time we told each other “I love you.” Yay!

My oncologist initially said I would do 12 rounds of chemo. The last appointment he said I might choose to do just six rounds. But he didn’t tell me what criteria I should use to make that decision. It’s something I need to talk to him about. Maybe the next MRI will make it clearer. Of course, life would be easier without chemo, but I want to make the best decision. Ultimately, my life’s in God’s control anyway, so I’m not worried.

Well, I guess that’s all for now. Thank you for your continued prayers and kind words of encouragement. Your love and support make such a difference!
          Attached Files

Comment

Love a good box turtle, and love seeing you post encouraging updates David! Godspeed to you and Mindy.

Comment

Great update David.

I must tell you I've not had a good day at all. Reading this reminds me it was not bad and actually was pretty good .

Great to hear some good news, it turned my day around!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

That turtle has spiked running feet on! Just look!

Congrats to you and Mindy on the "anniversary" you're speaking of. May yall be blessed with many more to come ! And it don't hurt to celebrate it every day either.

Comment

Good to hear a positive update. Continuing prayers for you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

David - you're one of the OG good guys on TBH. I remember how you used to remake people's avatar's for them (made for me, too, back in the day) if they asked. And you always brought positivity to the forum as you shared knowledge (especially about snakes) and celebrated people's hunting (and life) victories. You exemplify the best of TBH.

I'm praying for you. And for Mindy. The world needs good guys like you, now more than ever. Keep fighting the good fight and please know (for what it's worth) that I'm fighting for you in the ways that I can, too. Prayers up.

Comment

Thanks for the update & Prayers continuing!

Comment

Love your update and understanding of patience. You are doing great and we have patience too. You guys are in the daily prayers and we celebrate this day you two said "I love you" as well. Y'all were definitely made for each other and such an inspiration!!!

Comment

You, sir, are a walking miracle!!
                          Congrats and thanks for the update!

Comment

Sending more hugs, prayers, and love to both of you

Comment

Keep slugging, David. Y'all remain in our prayers.

Comment

One step today, another tomorrow. Keep taking steps everyday, love seeing the positive update.

Comment

Working...
                                X