LIV Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    This whole debacle reminds me of when all the pro bass fisherman left BASS and went to MLF.

A big portion of those guys have found their way back to BASS.

I see this going the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll agree but its actually a very small portion have made their way back to BASS.

My main group of friends are all hardcore tournament bass fisherman, not a single one of them follows MLF. I didn't even know there was a tournament this week until my dad told me. LIV will have a similar fate.

Comment

Lol…PGA says you suspended….players are like, we already left idiots.

The PGA is so wrong in this IMHO. A free market drives competition

Those crying morality clauses are hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
        Lol…PGA says you suspended….players are like, we already left idiots.

The PGA is so wrong in this IMHO. A free market drives competition

Those crying morality clauses are hypocrites.

Weren’t the players “contract” employees anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
          Weren’t the players “contract” employees anyways?
          Pretty much…after they meet the initial requirements when they get there card they can do what they want.

Want to see money hungry, look at the media contracts that the PGA holds over the players

Comment

I wonder how the T.V. coverage will fare. I'm pretty sure the Golf Channel is in bed with the PGA. This is going to be interesting regardless the outcome. I take off Sundays after church and watch Golf like most watch football, I have my favorite players I like to follow.

Comment

Plenty of excellent golfers across the globe that that are as good as the majority of PGA players, they just choose not to play on the PGA tour. Have you looked the the current scoreboard? The guys we are used to watching on the PGA are definitely not dominating.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                Plenty of excellent golfers across the globe that that are as good as the majority of PGA players, they just choose not to play on the PGA tour. Have you looked the the current scoreboard? The guys we are used to watching on the PGA are definitely not dominating.

What are these plenty of people doing to make over a million $ a year, if they are capable of doing it on the PGA Tour and choosing not to?

A record 124 players made at least $1 million on the PGA Tour in 2020-21, and that number will certainly increase in coming seasons as the tour boosts tournament purses.

In the PGA Tour season that wrapped up with the Tour Championship in September—where Patrick Cantlay won the FedEx Cup and $15 million—a record 124 players earned at least $1 million in tournament prize money payouts.

Comment

Seems to me taking money from folks who enslave people, chop homosexuals up and treat women like cattle might be a little immoral. But I guess these days there is no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Seems to me taking money from folks who enslave people, chop homosexuals up and treat women like cattle might be a little immoral. But I guess these days there is no such thing.
                    We're all doing business with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      We're all doing business with them.
                      Yep but most of us have zero choice

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Us citizens of the USA have no place to level morality at other countries…just look what we do to the unborn

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            They can all **** off. If I were in charge of the majors, I'd ban them all.
                            Swear I saw a snip where those jumping ship would not get invited??

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              What are these plenty of people doing to make over a million $ a year, if they are capable of doing it on the PGA Tour and choosing not to?

A record 124 players made at least $1 million on the PGA Tour in 2020-21, and that number will certainly increase in coming seasons as the tour boosts tournament purses.

In the PGA Tour season that wrapped up with the Tour Championship in September—where Patrick Cantlay won the FedEx Cup and $15 million—a record 124 players earned at least $1 million in tournament prize money payouts.
                              My only point LVC is that we are so used to only seeing those that are playing on the PGA tour that we don't see all of the very capable and competitive golfers that are not playing on the PGA tour.
                              Why are the not playing here? Who knows but from what I saw on YouTube earlier today, there was a lot of guys playing some pretty good golf. Now, will they sustain that level of play? Who knows but I did not see our familiar faces from the PGA dominating today. That was my only point.

Comment

Woops fouble post
                                Last edited by Death from Above; 06-09-2022, 01:03 PM. Reason: Double post sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X