No announcement yet.

Dirty sales service at Northside Ford in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive bought two trucks from Boerne Ford in the last year. Bought one off of the lot (used) and ordered a new one from the factory. Had a good experience both times.

Comment

I bought my last truck ( last April) at Caraway Ford in Nixon. No bullshyte to deal with, they actually came down a few grand on a New 21' F-250 diesel Tremor. Extremely pleasant experiance.

Will continue to buy my trucks from them.

Cavender Chevrolet in Boerne is another good one....only issue is all they sell are Chevys.

I live 2 miles away from Ford of Boerne ( formerly Jennings Anderson ) and won't buy as much as gallon of DEF from them. Their service department is awesome but their sales department sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
        I bought my last truck ( last April) at Caraway Ford in Nixon. No bullshyte to deal with, they actually came down a few grand on a New 21' F-250 diesel Tremor. Extremely pleasant experiance.

Will continue to buy my trucks from them.

Cavender Chevrolet in Boerne is another good one....only issue is all they sell are Chevys.

I live 2 miles away from Ford of Boerne ( formerly Jennings Anderson ) and won't buy as much as gallon of DEF from them. Their service department is awesome but their sales department sucks.

WOW. it's interesting that 2 different people could have 2 completely different experiences.

Comment

Man, I know a lot of folks that won't buy their Ford vehicles anywhere but Bill Fick in Huntsville. Might give them a holler.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
            Man, I know a lot of folks that won't buy their Ford vehicles anywhere but Bill Fick in Huntsville. Might give them a holler.
            By far the best dealer I have ever worked with.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
              That's definitely some BS. Problem is, by you blowing up and storming out they got exactly what they wanted. Now that truck will be marked up 10k+.

I was worried about this situation because my truck took so long to come in. Picked it up a few weeks ago and the price was still what I agreed on even though MSRP on the window sticker had gone up over 5k since the time of order. Robbie at Nyle Maxwell Ram in Austin did me right.
              Who would have ever thought buying a truck at MSRP would be considered a great deal?

Comment

I would keep my trucks for half as long as I do if it weren't for having to mess with the dealerships. Very rarely is it a great experience and I've bought plenty of vehicles over the years.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

About 15 years ago it looked like the old business model at dealerships was starting to change for the better. I thought maybe the old way of confusing run-arounds, high pressure and beating customers down over 4-5 hours would change to new way that is more honest, upfront and pleasurable for the buyer. That is certainly the case for some of them but plenty have stuck with the old way where the salesman sees each "up" he talks to as a sheep to be fleeced. Right now it has gotten worse because the dealership has all the leverage.

Comment

Guess what

I just contacted Ford and filed a complaint. The lady took down my story and said that someone would be contacting me.

They forwarded my call to marketing and that was dissapointing. Marketing basically said that because Northside ford was an independently owned dealership that they could not do anything about it. I tried to explain in detail what they did and the lady in marketing just kept repeating that they could not do anything about it and hung up on me. I am definitley not buying a ford.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                      I tried to order from Bill Fick. Best they would do was order at MSRP, which was a hair more than $5K more expensive than I paid. Ended up ordering through Autonation in Katy for 1% below invoice. I paid $62 and change for a truck with an almost 68K MSRP at time of order, and over $71K MSRP at time of delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        That's definitely some BS. Problem is, by you blowing up and storming out they got exactly what they wanted. Now that truck will be marked up 10k+.

I was worried about this situation because my truck took so long to come in. Picked it up a few weeks ago and the price was still what I agreed on even though MSRP on the window sticker had gone up over 5k since the time of order. Robbie at Nyle Maxwell Ram in Austin did me right.
                        Yes sir. You get a lot more accomplished with knowledge than temper tantrums. They would have sold you the truck, with little resistance, with the proper knowledge and jargon. Crappy what they did, but they even profited more when you didn't take delivery of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                          Guess what

I just contacted Ford and filed a complaint. The lady took down my story and said that someone would be contacting me.

They forwarded my call to marketing and that was dissapointing. Marketing basically said that because Northside ford was an independently owned dealership that they could not do anything about it. I tried to explain in detail what they did and the lady in marketing just kept repeating that they could not do anything about it and hung up on me. I am definitley not buying a ford.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
                          That's unreal! Sorry to hear that.

Good for you for walking away.

Comment

All dealerships are independently owned and operated. It was a way to keep car companies from having an absolute monopoly. Tesla got around this somehow, but for all other car companies, that is the rule.

Ford isn't hurting, or benefiting, from dealers doing what they did to you. Sorry your bad luck not knowing about what TX03RUBI posted.

Comment

This is the reason auto manufactures are moving away from dealer sales.
                              Pretty soon you will be able to buy from the manufacturer. Ford is already doing that with their EV line.

Comment

Originally posted by rossn2 View Post
                                WOW, why would anyone order a vehicle at MSRP?
                                I ordered my 2022 RAM 1500 4x4 and got it at 1% under invoice plus all incentives about 6 months ago..
                                Because not all makes and models of vehicles are comparable to one another.

I was looking at Jeep Rubicon and new Ford Bronco. Ended up ordering a Rubicon as I was looking at close to a year delivery on a Bronco. I spoke with mulitple dealerships and didn't find a single one that would place an order for either one of these vehicles for less than MSRP.

Congrats on the Ram 1500 for 1% under a "dealer" invoice price.

Comment

Working...
                                X