No announcement yet.

Top gun: maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and I just got back from seeing it. We both thought it was outstanding. Highly recommend.

Comment

Saw it today - is it unrealistic in most of the movie - yes. Does it get a little corny tying back lines from the original - yes. Is it action packed and intense - yes. If I had more time today, I'd have walked back through the front door and bought a new set of tickets and watched it again. It's really good! Nice tribute to Val too!

Comment

Originally posted by gspbrad View Post
        Saw it today - is it unrealistic in most of the movie - yes. Does it get a little corny tying back lines from the original - yes. Is it action packed and intense - yes. If I had more time today, I'd have walked back through the front door and bought a new set of tickets and watched it again. It's really good! Nice tribute to Val too!

This. I loved it.

The wife and I haven’t been to a show in several years but I wanted to see it and it did not disappoint. I doubt it’s as good of a movie to someone who had not seen Top Gun but they did a great job tying in the original movie without overdoing it.

I would see it again in theaters if I had time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Talk to me Goose

Comment

Very well done. We enjoyed it immensely.

Comment

Saw it Saturday. Going back to see it again today. It's that good.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

saw it yesterday... i was impressed! i was worried it was going to be kinda corny. question for those that have seen it.. was jennifer connelly supposed to actually be the kelly mcgillis character? or someone else? wife and i were trying to figure it out after we left.

Comment

Loved it! It didn’t disappoint!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
                    saw it yesterday... i was impressed! i was worried it was going to be kinda corny. question for those that have seen it.. was jennifer connelly supposed to actually be the kelly mcgillis character? or someone else? wife and i were trying to figure it out after we left.
                    We were trying to figure who Penny was. Knew it was not the KM character. Found this.

And, as the film critic Alison Wilmore noted, Maverick's love interest, Penny Benjamin (Jennifer Connelly), while not seen in the first film, was mentioned in an early scene.
                    Last edited by dbaio1; 05-30-2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

They referenced her in the original….. when Maverick & Goose we’re getting ‘chewed out’ the first time in The original Top Gun. A very small detail that tied to the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took both the young uns and besides one f bomb it was kid friendly. We all really liked it...was Awesome

Comment

I pinged her as Penny Benjamin. The admirals daughter.

“A history of high speed passes over 5 air control towers and one admirals daughter!”

Goose leans in “Penny Benjamin?”

Comment

Nothing woke, loved it.

Comment

I did not realize Tom Cruise could actually fly jets and prop planes.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1iZtBM23bY"]Tom Cruise Terrifies James in 'Top Gun' Fighter Jet! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                I did not realize Tom Cruise could actually fly jets and prop planes.

Tom Cruise Terrifies James in 'Top Gun' Fighter Jet! - YouTube
                                Oh yeah, he is WAY better than Harrison Ford...

Comment

Working...
                                X