No announcement yet.

School security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree same security as congress. We all know that won’t happen. I believe us Dads, citizens, should volunteer to stand watch at your local school. Background checks, training, but armed. I know I would volunteer a day or two a month or even more if that’s what it took. It’s going to start with us to make a difference and get politics out of it.

Comment

If the school had a policy to keep doors locked, then, sadly, the teachers of that classroom got lax, as I am sure happens every day, then it was on them. If the outside door was supposed to be locked, then someone (superintendent, principal, maintenance personnel, whomever), is puckered up waiting for the investigation to be completed…assuming there was a good security policy in place. I can understand how most people could get lax thinking that it wouldn’t happen at their school.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
        Then why is this only a problem in the US?
        Maybe because other countries teach there children that there will be consequences for bad and evil behavior. Maybe because other countries actually prosecute and imprison the bad and evil without giving years of slaps on the hand until they snap and make headline news.

My question is why did this problem not exist 50 years ago when a lot of us were growing up? We had guns. We had schools. Could it possibly be the fact that we were a real Christian Nation with morals as compared to now?

Comment

Take the $60 billion given to Ukraine (lawmakers) & divide it by 139,000 schools...there is some $$$ for hardening.

Dems have stopped two separate bills to fund hardening schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Take the $60 billion given to Ukraine (lawmakers) & divide it by 139,000 schools...there is some $$$ for hardening.

They had to spend that money to get sex change operations for prison inmates.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              Wait until 300 kids gather at the bus stop to go home and be stationed away with a suppressed rifle.

Toss Molotov cocktails or pipe bombs into school windows.

Mow down the 300 kids at the bus stop with a vehicle.

Do like Adam Landsa at Sandy Hook and shoot out the locked door glass to gain entry.

Wait for a school bus on a known daily route to stop at a stop sign, shoot the driver, enter the bus and proceed to…….

I believe in making it tough. Make the schools harder to enter, allow armed teachers and so on but how do you stop a dedicated attacker who can choose the target and time?
              ….. and one of the main reasons I bring that up is because it is not a gun issue. You could take away all of the guns and not lessen the threat.

Exactly!

Comment

Every bank I go in just about has a armed city policeman.. guarding our money.
                But most of the schools do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Even if the money is appropriated, finding the people to fill the positions is problematic. Can you imagine how boring it must be to stand around all day doing nothing everyday waiting for years for a threat that may not ever happen. There is no easy solution, and I don’t think there is any solution to stop every lunatic/psycho out there who is intent on killing a large number of people.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                    I agree same security as congress. We all know that won’t happen. I believe us Dads, citizens, should volunteer to stand watch at your local school. Background checks, training, but armed. I know I would volunteer a day or two a month or even more if that’s what it took. It’s going to start with us to make a difference and get politics out of it.
                    I'm in- volunteer to stand watch at your local school. Background checks, training, but armed.

Comment

Wait until 300 kids gather at the bus stop to go home and be stationed away with a suppressed rifle.

Toss Molotov cocktails or pipe bombs into school windows.

Mow down the 300 kids at the bus stop with a vehicle.

Do like Adam Landsa at Sandy Hook and shoot out the locked door glass to gain entry.

Wait for a school bus on a known daily route to stop at a stop sign, shoot the driver, enter the bus and proceed to…….

I believe in making it tough. Make the schools harder to enter, allow armed teachers and so on but how do you stop a dedicated attacker who can choose the target and time?
                      Reality sucks don’t it. We will not have to answers for everything or even have the power stop everything. I do think we can improve school security a lot. Need to draw the line of what is acceptable and the norm and pray a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                        Reality sucks don’t it. We will not have to answers for everything or even have the power stop everything. I do think we can improve school security a lot. Need to draw the line of what is acceptable and the norm and pray a lot.
                        There are plenty of things to do that can lessen the likelihood of such crimes and lessen the casualties if they do happen.

Nothing can be stopped entirely and unfortunately the politics of the situation will blame it on the gun.

Apparently in the situation all of the children and teachers were killed in a single room. Much will be made about the AR15 but a .22 pistol would have likely produced the same results at that range.

The deadliest school firearms mass murder in United States history was at Virginia Tech, with a police Department on campus and his weapons were a 9 mm and .22 pistols. The deadliest mass murder in US history was it 1927, almost 100 years ago and it was committed by a guy who lost the school board election. He killed 38 elementary children and 6 adults without a firearms.

But the mantra will be the AR15 was the culprit…..

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          I'm in- volunteer to stand watch at your local school. Background checks, training, but armed.
                          Look up watchdogs.

Our school has a program called watchdogs and it’s actually a nationally recognized program. Being armed is not part of it but among other things keeping an eye on the campus is. Multiple dads there every day for this exact reason.

Comment

all i ever as is (whats changed)..when I was in lets say high school..Really rural area many times took PU to school and parked in school lot with shotgun/rifle in rear window gun rack so I could go hunting after school...Others did same......and no body locked doors on vehicles back then..Don't remember any issues..
                            Only thing I see is we parents/teachers have lost control over Kids/Students..Back then if ya got Licks in school for whatever ya got them again when ya got home..Parents Backed school Discipline...(now its law suit city)...and its only Lawyers that come out winners MONEY...WUPPINS work!!!!
                            We never had a police in school..We had a Principle..that was allowed to take care of us...with words/paddle/expelled..................

Comment

We all say that the government has to much control over our lives but in the same breath say that we expect them to make our communities safer. As local citizens we should petition our local governing body to work with US to make our own community what we want it to be. Demand our tax dollars be used better, pool our own private resources and really get involved and OWN the community that WE have developed and choose to live in. If there was a community drive to raise the resources earmarked for school safety enhancement I would gladly open the check book.
                              Last edited by Gumbo Man; 05-27-2022, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                                I’m not opposed to that but how do you pay for it? It seems like people always get riled up when someone suggests increasing their taxes.
                                Maybe instead of building grandiose football stadiums use that money on security?

Unfortunately nothing will work when you have crazy people with ill intent on their minds.

Comment

Working...
                                X