No announcement yet.

Anyone leave while their oven is on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do y’all leave ceiling fans on while gone?

Comment

Most of the time no! I have but always wish I hadn't. That freaks me out too!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Or the fridge? Outside freezer??? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Our house burnt down when I was in the 3rd grade & still have sights / smells stamped into my noggin...I still cringe even when the unloaded groceries are left on the stove top waiting to be put up.

Any & everything fire hazard freaks me out...ya don't know unless ya know.

Same here. With few exceptions (hot water heater), I leave nothing on that generates significant heat when I leave my bourse, this includes a crockpot. I not only turn off but unplug all small electrics when not in use (curling irons, coffee makers, irons).

I also never leave the house with appliances running that use water, such as the dishwasher and washing machine.

Ever.

Comment

Anyone leave while their oven is on?

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
            Or the fridge? Outside freezer??? LOL
            Yup, been to fridge and freezer fires
            Can't unplug them, but you can keep the immediate space behind them free from storage and keep the lint/dust removed from cover/fan. Either way, it sucks for everyone. Many on here with a lot more experience than me. Stay safe!!

Comment

Ours is WiFi, so yes

We start it while we are out hunting

I’m assuming it will call the fire department if the temp goes way up in a hurry

Comment

Yep. Done it for years. Gas too just like my furnace. Furnace stays on in the winter too. So does my hot water heater. Gas too..

Comment

What's the point in paying for home insurance if you ain't going to try to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                    What's the point in paying for home insurance if you ain't going to try to use it?
                    I guess you don’t have anything that money can’t replace. Had a house fire my senior year of high school there are lots of things money can’t replace.

Comment

How many of you who own a pellet smoker leave it going while you are away?most of the ones I've seen are sitting on the back patio next to the house.

I'm one of the weirdos that leave a crock pot, oven, wash machine, dishwasher, fans, you name it running while I am gone. I support the local fire department. If I don't proactively attempt fire Hazzards. Those fine folks might be out of a job!

In all seriousness. I do not see the difference in a Water Heater being left on or an oven.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                        No. Fans don’t cool rooms.
                        Last edited by oktx; 05-24-2022, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I’ve left the stove on for four or five hours after I took the food out. And I was there! So no, I never leave the house with anything cooking or the dryer running. If we’re gonna be gone several days I turn the water off as well.

Comment

I have left a burner on low before after cooking something....several times, my old lady tears my arse up about it when I do. I hate it when that happens but I deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                              When I was a kid my mom would put a roast in the oven before church with a loaf of bread dough on top to proof. When we’d get home from church the roast was ready and the bread went in the oven.

Google will tell you you’re and idiot if you leave your oven on. Thoughts?
                              This is the biggest problem. Who cares what Google says.

Comment

Y’all all turn your AC off when you leave the house too?

Comment

Working...
                                X