Cleaning an older fish mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning an older fish mount

Aside from dusting, is there anything you can wipe down your older fish mounts with to make them look newer? I have a trout from the late 80's I'd like to shine up a little bit.

I don’t work on fish but I bet you could buff it a bit and clear coat it to put some life back in it.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
      Aside from dusting, is there anything you can wipe down your older fish mounts with to make them look newer? I have a trout from the late 80's I'd like to shine up a little bit.
      I cleaned mine really well and sprayed it with rustoleum clear coat. It looked good for many years but needs to be sprayed again. It's 32 years old. I guess about every 16 years it needs rejuvenating.
      Here it is in it's current state. Starting to lose a little of its "high" gloss wet look

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by rolylane6; 05-19-2022, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Didn’t think about a clear coat.

Comment

Clean with compressed air first

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
            I cleaned mine really well and sprayed it with rustoleum clear coat. It looked good for many years but needs to be sprayed again. It's 32 years old. I guess about every 16 years it needs rejuvenating.
            Here it is in it's current state. Starting to lose a little of its "high" gloss wet look

What’s the story on that hog?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              What’s the story on that hog?
              Caught it out of Lake Benbrook in 1990 in February. We were night fishing. I only took 2 rods. One baitcaster and a spinning rod. I broke my baitcaster putting it in the boat so I was down to my spinning rod with 10lb mono. I caught that fish about 30 min in and she went on one hard run straight down then turned and came fast to the surface and jumped right by the boat. My buddy netted her when she did, otherwise I may not have landed her. She went 12.47 lbs. I may never top it but I'll never stop trying.

Comment

That's a heck of a fish rolylane!!!! I caught one dead on 11# at Falcon several years ago and unfortunately lost the pic we took on my phone.

Comment

Working...
                X