Pray for rain, y'all. BAD fire SW of Abilene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pray for rain, y'all. BAD fire SW of Abilene

There's a big fire in the hills southwest of Abilene. It really blew up today. Several homes burned. Some of our friends have lost homes and businesses. Lots more evacuated and in serious danger of losing everything. Hot and dry in those hills choked in cedar is bad news.

Pray for everyone in that part of Taylor County and all the fire fighters.

We're 20 miles away, and we have ash falling all over our neighborhood.
    Last edited by Shane; 05-18-2022, 09:13 PM.

Went from 1,500 acres to 5k very quickly and y’all are supposed to have bad fire weather again tomorrow. Lots of prayers for that region as well as all of Texas.

State Forest Service just elevated the readiness level to 5, which is the highest. Resources are stretched thin.

Come on rain!

Comment

Prayers up for all involved!!!!!!!

And megaprayers up for rain. We need it really, really bad!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Real bad one North of y'all too. Terrible

Comment

Prayers for all involved!!

Comment

Several fires going on now, praying for everyone!

Comment

rains supposed to come end of the week. Prayers for folks in the path and those fighting the fires.

Comment

Dang. Hate to hear this.

Comment

Praying, Lord please watch over and be with the families in the path of these fires.

Comment

Sending prayers for rain and safety for everyone involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I left Tuesday evening thinking my place at foot of hills was safe from the first day of fire. I was about 5 miles away. Then Wednesday evening in Dallas I had to watch it on video burning my way after it shifted. Luckily my little cabin survived but half of property was burned. Mostly short grass so it wasn't a raging blaze. A road through the middle saved my entire place from burning. I just hope no hot spots are left. Supposed to be 108 this afternoon. Who knows what will happen. There was hardly a blade of green grass on my 400 acres before the fire.

Comment

Prayers Up. Sorry to hear about your place Bear.

Comment

Prayers up for those involved. Hopefully we don't see anything like this out Angelo way.

Comment

Prayers for all in the path.
                            Fire got parts of our lease in Eldorado a couple years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
                              I left Tuesday evening thinking my place at foot of hills was safe from the first day of fire. I was about 5 miles away. Then Wednesday evening in Dallas I had to watch it on video burning my way after it shifted. Luckily my little cabin survived but half of property was burned. Mostly short grass so it wasn't a raging blaze. A road through the middle saved my entire place from burning. I just hope no hot spots are left. Supposed to be 108 this afternoon. Who knows what will happen. There was hardly a blade of green grass on my 400 acres before the fire.
                              Hate to hear that...but hopefully you guys will get some of this rain that is supposed to be coming next week, and if so, your place will green up quickly after that grass burn off. Fingers crossed....

Comment

Working...
                              X