Dallas Cowboys draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Cowboys draft

Anyone see who the "boys" chose with their 2022 first round pick? Who the freak is that cat? Announcers weren't even excited. Tyler Smith. One of the reviews I saw said "penalty waiting to happen in the nfl." 3 bona-fide studs were chosen after him, that they could have chosen. Another clunker. Good job Jerrah.

We’ll see. Dont know much about the guy but they have been drafting pretty good lately especially on the O line.

Comment

The talking heads and their regurgitating readers/listeners were questioning the Micah Parsons drafting as well last year… everybody wanted secondary help. “Too high for a LB” …Same with Travis Frederick and Zach Martin several years back. “Those guys are just too plain.” A guard or a center in the first round? Jerry is an idiot.” Blah blah blah. Now everybody loves all those picks and forgets they were severely questioning Jerry and his sanity…. Much like now. Time will tell though… I think they plan on playing him at guard and grooming him to take over for Tyron Smith. They can coach the penalties out of him.

Comment

Review I saw…”physical with a junkyard dog mean streak… would be an instant upgrade at guard and eventually groomed to take over for Tyron at tackle. “

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          The talking heads and their regurgitating readers/listeners were questioning the Micah Parsons drafting as well last year… everybody wanted secondary help. “Too high for a LB” …Same with Travis Frederick and Zach Martin several years back. “Those guys are just too plain.” A guard or a center in the first round? Jerry is an idiot.” Blah blah blah. Now everybody loves all those picks and forgets they were severely questioning Jerry and his sanity…. Much like now. Time will tell though… I think they plan on playing him at guard and grooming him to take over for Tyron Smith. They can coach the penalties out of him.
          Man, I was with you until the end.

One of the highest penalized teams in the NFL can coach the penalties out of him???????

Seems like they coach penalties into them or at least fail in that regard.

Yeah, I like the junk yard mean. Can't have passive fellows playing offensive line, gotta be mean and take care of business.
          Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-29-2022, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Dallas Cowboys draft

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
            Man, I was with you until the end.

One of the highest penalized teams in the NFL can coach the penalties out of him???????

Seems like they coach penalties into them or at least fail in that regard.

Yeah, I like the junk yard mean. Can't have passive fellows playing offensive line, gotta be mean and take care of business.

Coachable was another positive review. Are you saying an NFL player has no chance of being taught better techniques by an NFL coach versus say a Tulsa OL coach?

OL holds every down. Some get caught.. some don’t. Refs also pick out certain folks to key on like Connor Williams for their go to after he gets 2-3 penalties in the same amount of games (especially if it cost us a game) and the talking heads get fired up in social media. Then the readers roll with it as if it was a problem his whole career and now Connor Williams is a lifetime penalty machine.

Time will tell with this dude. Sadly every holding penalty he gets going forward, even if only 5 a year, somebody will always refer back to his last college season and the Mel Kiperisms leading up to the draft. He’s already got a target on his back for the refs and the fans to pounce on because of it.

The other 4 Olineman do pretty well. …. Until somebody costs the Cowboys a game with a penalty and the cycle starts again with the talking heads and their regurgitators looking for the next penalty magnet and person to ***** about. [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Coachable was another positive review. Are you saying an NFL player has no chance of being taught better techniques by an NFL coach versus say a Tulsa OL coach?

OL holds every down. Some get caught.. some don’t. Refs also pick out certain folks to key on like Connor Williams for their go to after he gets 2-3 penalties in the same amount of games (especially if it cost us a game) and the talking heads get fired up in social media. Then the readers roll with it as if it was a problem his whole career and now Connor Williams is a lifetime penalty machine.

Time will tell with this dude. Sadly every holding penalty he gets going forward, even if only 5 a year, somebody will always refer back to his last college season and the Mel Kiperisms leading up to the draft. He’s already got a target on his back for the refs and the fans to pounce on because of it.

The other 4 Olineman do pretty well. …. Until somebody costs the Cowboys a game with a penalty and the cycle starts again with the talking heads and their regurgitators looking for the next penalty magnet and person to ***** about. [emoji23][emoji23]
              I remember well "#75 holding" Phil Pozderic

Oh, it's coachable, but have the cowboys been successful at it????

How many drives were killed last year for holding????
              Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-29-2022, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Not liking this pick initially, time will tell. I know a couple of the guards they wanted went several picks earlier but you could have had a stud Center that was drafted on the next pick. I'm officially over Jerry/Steven and their BS.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  I remember well "#75 holding" Phil Pozderic

Oh, it's coachable, but have the cowboys been successful at it????

How many drives were killed last year for holding????

How many drives are killed every year on every team with penalties…

Comment

it could be worse....
                    On this day 15 years ago the Raiders took with the #1 pick

Jamarcus Russell ( Jammuches Ruffles)

the next picks

#2- Megatron
                    #3 Joe Thomas
                    #7 Adrian Peterson
                    #11 Patrick Willis
                    #12 Marshawn Lynch
                    #14 Darrelle Revis.....

lol

Comment

Im just saying, the Remington Award winner for best center in the country, the ACC Defensive Player of the year, and Pac 12 Defensive Player of the year, all went after their pick, that they could have taken. You're right, time will tell.

Comment

From my alma mater. Tulsa is the only Oklahoma school to have 2 first round draft picks in the last 2 years. I hope the young man does well with the Boys.

Comment

Come on guys. A Quincy Carter is not going to fall into your lap every year in the draft.

Carry on.....................

Comment

How many drives are killed every year on every team with penalties…
                            A lot. However, you said it could be coached out. And I stated that the Cowboys haven't been too successful at that!

Every other team is not the most penalized team.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022...onnor-williams
                            It’s no secret the Dallas Cowboys were the most penalized team in 2021 and ended up having the second most penalty yards in the league. Penalties, of course, will happen throughout the season, but the majority of the Cowboys penalties were pre-snap ones that were nothing more than mental mistakes because of lack of focus.

Tell me I'm wrong, with a straight face!
                            Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-29-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

He would have still be available in the 3rd or 4th round…

Comment

Working...
                              X