No announcement yet.

Proud parent moment- livestock show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. That’s a great accomplishment.

Comment

Congrats! I've got some good recipes if you need them. =)

Comment

That’s awesome.
        My little girl will be showing rabbits this year . Will be her first year .

Comment

Congrats to her!

Comment

I want to see the GC rabbit please

Comment

This is the best I have now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can one enlighten me as to what you do with a grand champion rabbit? Do they auction them off for high bidder or do you just take it home. My wife asked me the other day and I said I have no idea.

Comment

I have gotten a couple of pms asking for help or questions about showing rabbits. Chew is our resident rabbit guru and he has permission to veto my input. I don’t really know much but willing to try new things and sometimes it works. A rabbit meat pen is 3 rabbits that are between 3.5 and 5.5 lbs. The goal is to have them exactly the same. They are judged on a point system and analyzed for meat quality and quantity. The rabbits in our pen all weighed exactly 5.30 lbs each. They are all girls and from the same litter. This is very hard to do. There are other things the judge looks at like fur and flesh quality.

The county sale was Friday night and she got around $2500 for that pen. The grand champion pen she just won will be north or $5000. It sales Thursday night. I would love for a TBH business to buy it. That sounds be a great live thread! I have seen them go for $10,000. We have never showed at Houston but they bring big money. They generally donate the rabbits back to the kids because they can be used as a breeder.

It is a great project for kids because it is low impact and very low cost. We may have $250 invested in this years project that only last 90 days. I would highly recommend it if you have a youngster that needs something to do other than sit inside. It’s all after deer season and before turkey season which is great. Some counties will allow you to buy a pen to make it that much easier.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Awesome, congrats!!

Comment

That's great....Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations. What an accomplishment!

In 1986 my Rex doe won Reserve Champion at the Ft. Worth Livestock Show. I didn't realize how big of a deal that was until some time later.

Comment

Working...
                            X