Lets talk feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
    Cut your 6' legs down to an accessible height.
    I've done 2 feeders that way. Fast & cheap.
    And move the leg brackets 3/4 way up the barrel. Keeps the footprint wide for stability, but lowers the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
      Cut your 6' legs down to an accessible height.
      I've done 2 feeders that way. Fast & cheap.
      Are you using varmint guard of some sort?

Comment

Has anyone that DIY used like a wedge type bottom Like an upside down V that fed into troughs? Hope that makes sense. How far of a throw are you getting with commercial feeders that are low?

Comment

Lamco Low & Throw.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            Yep stand and fill , just spent a day filling up and the cranking up 300-400 lbs is a PIA and can be dangerous when something break
            Yep, Had a buddy crack his arm when the crank got away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
              Has anyone that DIY used like a wedge type bottom Like an upside down V that fed into troughs? Hope that makes sense. How far of a throw are you getting with commercial feeders that are low?
              The thing about feeding from troughs is sometimes you can't get a shot at the animal. If you shoot and your arrow or bullet goes through the target or heaven forbid you miss :-) you could put a hole into your feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                The thing about feeding from troughs is sometimes you can't get a shot at the animal. If you shoot and your arrow or bullet goes through the target or heaven forbid you miss :-) you could put a hole into your feeder.

I’ve had the Lamco trough feeder for at least 6 years and I’ve never had an animal not present me with a shot. At the very least I had an opportunity to shoot them coming or going. Generally the deer will feed in more than one spot while eating from the trough. I would never shoot at one if it was in direct line with my feeder anyway. If you shoot your own feeder you probably shouldn’t be hunting.

Comment

Working...
                X