No announcement yet.

Rec Tec Pellet grill? Others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sure there are a lot of great options but after several worn out smokers I decided to buy a Yoder strictly due to the thickness of the metal. I had it incorporated into the outdoor kitchen and it’s been well worth the extra expense to me. I’m a fan of buying quality products but not overspending on unnecessary stuff and I personally felt as long as the frame itself would hold up for decades the rest could be replaced as needed as far as heating elements etc etc. and not have to buy multiple smokers in the future.

Comment

like you i didmy research and talked with friends that had rectec smokers, finally decided on the 700 and 2 yrs later have never regretted my choice.
      But as far as steaks go i alway go to my truste kettle for its heat is much higher

Comment

Rectec is the Mercedes of smokers. I have a Traeger that I purchased from
        Costco…we’ve been super happy with it.

Comment

I have a rectec 700 and never was much of a cook…I am now a ****** at brisket, chicken, burnt ends etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep in mind, anything you cook in the oven, can be done on a pellet grill.

Meat loaf, pies, pizza, etc.

Meat Church has a TON of recipes, as does pit boss.

Comment

Originally posted by themoonrulz View Post
              Rectec is the Mercedes of smokers. I have a Traeger that I purchased from
              Costco…we’ve been super happy with it.
              Rectec is very good, but I’d say it’s more of the Mid-level Cadillac of smokers with Pitts and Spitts / Yoder / Gator Pits being the “Mercedes” or upper end pellet smokers

Comment

Rec Tec Pellet grill? Others?

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                Rectec is very good, but I’d say it’s more of the Mid-level Cadillac of smokers with Pitts and Spitts / Yoder / Gator Pits being the “Mercedes” or upper end pellet smokers

Saved me some typing. RecTec is a dang fine pellet grill though. I bought my son one whe n he bought his first house 3 years ago. He uses the heck out of it.

Last edited by rtp; 03-12-2022, 06:13 PM.

Comment

For the Rectec, I also recommend the added smoke box. If you've never tried smoked butter or cheese, you don't know what you're missing. Got it all in a package with my RT-700 and don't have a single regret. I'll also second the wifi suggestion. It's awesome to check on your cook from work or even the bedroom during an all-night smoke.

First burn-in.

Comment

Hands down Rectec. Better build not flimsy like the Traeger’s, warranty and customer support is 2nd to none. Grab you a smoke tube on Amazon for more smoke and you are good to go.

Comment

Recteq all day !
                      Been wanting one for years, got one for Christmas.
                      Have cooked on it twice a week since.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                        For the Rectec, I also recommend the added smoke box. If you've never tried smoked butter or cheese, you don't know what you're missing. Got it all in a package with my RT-700 and don't have a single regret. I'll also second the wifi suggestion. It's awesome to check on your cook from work or even the bedroom during an all-night smoke.

First burn-in.

Where did you get yours at with the options?

Comment

My sister got an easy bake oven 25 years ago for Christmas. I think she was happy with it. I will ask her what brand.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Please do & let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                              Where did you get yours at with the options?
                              Straight from Rectec. I think that's the only way you can buy new. Ordered online and shipped freight straight from the factory. They used to put together Bronze/Silver/Gold-type packages you could order, but doesn't look like they're doing that anymore. Bought mine Sep 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                My sister got an easy bake oven 25 years ago for Christmas. I think she was happy with it. I will ask her what brand.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
                                Times have changed, you’re sister just finished gender-transformation surgery along with the testosterone replacement therapy and really enjoys cooking on her new pellet grill

I get the jokes, but as busy as life has been, I’d like the option to simply set it and forget it. I haven’t purchased one yet, but I’m very close to getting one of these “Easy Bake Smokers” and The Rec Tec is high on the list. Don’t know that I want to go all-in on a Pitts & Spitts yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X