No announcement yet.

Out of State Duck/Goose Hunting Outfitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBI absolutely pounded mallards this year according to their instagram.
    Fowl Co Outfitters in Oklahoma or Salt plains in kansas would be good ones.

Freelance in ND may happen in october if I can find the time

Comment

Don’t over look Nebraska

Comment

Carter's Big Island Hunt Club is one of the better ones I have used. They are in Kansas.

Kansas Duck Hunting at Carter's Big Island Hunt Club is about mallards and more mallards. Kansas mallard hunting over water at its finest.

Comment

I am looking at salt plains and goosereaper myself

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            I am looking at salt plains and goosereaper myself
            I hunted with goosereapers in January 2021 and they did a good job for a bad situation. Brennan Hudson was our main guide each day and he put in work.

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations guys.

After browsing through websites, Instagram pages, and YouTube videos I think I'm leaning towards one of the following:

- FowlCo Outfitters in Northern Oklahoma
              - Salt Plains Outfitters in Southern Kansas
              - Prairie Rock Outfitters in Western Nebraska

Carter's Big Island Hunt Club looked good as well but prefer something all-inclusive with onsite accommodations.

Comment

On another note, what time of the year/season should I try to book to have the best chance at shooting mallards and Canadians? Assuming I go with an outfitter in the Midwest.

Comment

If you are spending that kinda of coin, skip over the US and go to Saskatchewan.

We went yearly (freelancing) and would shoot for the first week of October. We targeted this time as the snow would just be starting and the temps would be pushing them out of the boreal forrest. We would be the first thing they would see when they hit the prairie.

Thank me later.
                  Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-10-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    If you are spending that kinda of coin, skip over the US and go to Saskatchewan.

We went yearly (freelancing) and would shoot for the first week of October. We targeted this time as the snow would just be starting and the temps would be pushing them out of the boreal forrest. We would be the first thing they would see when they hit the prairie.

Thank me later.
                    That sounds awesome actually. Canada is definitely on my bucket list, not just for waterfowl but for whitetail and other big game as well. Not sure how I feel about the first week of October, with that being opening weekend of bow season here.

I'm not trying to dive down a COVID-19 rabbit hole here, but don't you have to be fully vaccinated to enter Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                      On another note, what time of the year/season should I try to book to have the best chance at shooting mallards and Canadians? Assuming I go with an outfitter in the Midwest.
                      I would go either between Christmas and New Years or in January. You can probably call the outfitter and get their opinion.

Comment

Kansas Mallards and Canada Geese are HUGE and taste GREAT

Comment

I hunted with Chad a couple years ago.
                          Had a great successful hunt for Specks, 10 man limit.
                          Plan to go back, hopefully next year.
                          Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                            That sounds awesome actually. Canada is definitely on my bucket list, not just for waterfowl but for whitetail and other big game as well. Not sure how I feel about the first week of October, with that being opening weekend of bow season here.

I'm not trying to dive down a COVID-19 rabbit hole here, but don't you have to be fully vaccinated to enter Canada?
                            I have heard the government is dropping that restriction

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              I have heard the government is dropping that restriction
                              Good to hear.

Comment

I’ve been twice with GreatWhite Holdings in Alberta. They are right on the Saskatchewan border. Like said before those ducks that hit that area, it’s the first thing they see. We went in ‘19 and had close to 600 birds in 4 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X