2022 High School Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 High School Baseball

I know HS football is still going on for some, but for most it’s over and baseball tryouts are coming fast. Just a reminder get those boys in the weight room and start a long toss program right now. If your son was playing HS football he needs to get going a lot of kids played fall ball or hit the weight room and the talent level starts to jump quick. I have been playing and coaching for many years and the talent level is really starting to show up and football plays a big part in that with strength and conditioning. Good luck to all the boys when tryouts start!
    Last edited by Mary; 11-30-2021, 08:59 PM.

yep, lots of hurt arms in February are due to not starting a throwing program in the fall.

Comment

Mine will start as soon as football is over. Those leopards from Lorena are still playing football. It will help that he throws about 100 passes a day, so his arm should be in pretty good shape once they are done.

Comment

Do we have to go a full year with baseball misspelled in the thread title?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
          Do we have to go a full year with baseball misspelled in the thread title?

That’s funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gonna be a strange season for me. My youngest had TJ(internal brace) surgery in August. Junior year will mostly be rehab. He should be able to throw some by early May.

Comment

2022 High School Badeball

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              Gonna be a strange season for me. My youngest had TJ(internal brace) surgery in August. Junior year will mostly be rehab. He should be able to throw some by early May.

My son had the internal brace surgery last year. It’s a bit easier recovery from full on TJ. My only advice is don’t rush it. Mine did and restrained it right before this last summer and had to sit it out while several of his summer teammates were committing to P5 schools. He should finally fully be recovered for his JR season coming up. Good luck to your son [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                That’s funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Your right just saw that LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                  My son had the internal brace surgery last year. It’s a bit easier recovery from full on TJ. My only advice is don’t rush it. Mine did and restrained it right before this last summer and had to sit it out while several of his summer teammates were committing to P5 schools. He should finally fully be recovered for his JR season coming up. Good luck to your son [emoji106]
                  Sound advice. So far he is following the protocol exactly. He knows it’s more about being healthy for the next level. Sounds like our kids are the same age. Wouldn’t be shocked if they have played against each other. Good luck to your son.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    I know HS football is still going on for some, but for most it’s over and baseball tryouts are coming fast. Just a reminder get those boys in the weight room and start a long toss program right now. If your son was playing HS football he needs to get going a lot of kids played fall ball or hit the weight room and the talent level starts to jump quick. I have been playing and coaching for many years and the talent level is really starting to show up and football plays a big part in that with strength and conditioning. Good luck to all the boys when tryouts start!
                    They really shouldn't start throwing until at least the middle of December.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      They really shouldn't start throwing until at least the middle of December.
                      I couldn’t agree more….

Long toss programs are absolutely important for arm strength. But every bit as important is dedicated time off- recovery time. 6-8 weeks of flat out not touching a ball…..

Far more injuries are happening these days because of the year round playing, kids who only specialize in baseball and never give their arm time to heal. College coaches want athletes guys, athletes who know how to succeed and fail in different sports. So many kids play year round, get to college and are burned out when they figure out it’s a job….

Take the time off, do speed and agility along with strength training. THEN start a throwing program. They will come back stronger and healthier…..

Hurt arms in February are from overthrowing- or working through the progression too fast when you do start throwing. Not from taking 100% necessary time off.

But what do I know….. lowly college and high school coach….
                      And if it makes you feel any better (because some people believe their select coach knows WAY more than their high school coach, who is probably some other kids select coach) almost 20 years of coaching select as well….

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                        I couldn’t agree more….

Long toss programs are absolutely important for arm strength. But every bit as important is dedicated time off- recovery time. 6-8 weeks of flat out not touching a ball…..

Far more injuries are happening these days because of the year round playing, kids who only specialize in baseball and never give their arm time to heal. College coaches want athletes guys, athletes who know how to succeed and fail in different sports. So many kids play year round, get to college and are burned out when they figure out it’s a job….

Take the time off, do speed and agility along with strength training. THEN start a throwing program. They will come back stronger and healthier…..

Hurt arms in February are from overthrowing- or working through the progression too fast when you do start throwing. Not from taking 100% necessary time off.

But what do I know….. lowly college and high school coach….
                        And if it makes you feel any better (because some people believe their select coach knows WAY more than their high school coach, who is probably some other kids select coach) almost 20 years of coaching select as well….
                        But but my select coach said. Good info Coach but probably not what the play 365 crowd wants to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                          But but my select coach said. Good info Coach but probably not what the play 365 crowd wants to hear.
                          These days you can always pay to hear whatever it is you want…..

After all that’s the backbone of our new age select baseball….

Want to hear and need to hear are oftentimes two very different things. Thank you sir.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't wait. Son is a jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X