Mono vision lasik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mono vision lasik

Has anyone had lasik done in one eye for distance and left the other for near, what they call mono vision? If so are you pleased with it? Any complications from it? I can see pretty good up close still but it’s hard to see the target now. My other problem is I’m left eye dominate but shoot right handed.

You will likely lose some amount of depth perception - you lose your "stereoscopic" vision to some degree. How much you lose varies apparently. I would think it would mess up your wing shooting if that is important to you

Comment

If you got your left eye fixed for distance, and your right eye fixed for up close, and shoot right handed, you will be looking at the target with your “up close” eye- might work for shooting through a scope, but I wouldn’t think it would work well for archery

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
        If you got your left eye fixed for distance, and your right eye fixed for up close, and shoot right handed, you will be looking at the target with your “up close” eye- might work for shooting through a scope, but I wouldn’t think it would work well for archery
        They are saying my right eye will be the distance eye so it should be good for bow shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
          They are saying my right eye will be the distance eye so it should be good for bow shooting.

Comment

You might see if they can set you up with contacts or glasses in mono vision to see how you will do. I had mono vision contacts for about 20 years and did OK with it. However, not everyone's brain will adapt to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
              You might see if they can set you up with contacts or glasses in mono vision to see how you will do. I had mono vision contacts for about 20 years and did OK with it. However, not everyone's brain will adapt to it.

This ^^^...I walked into one of those vision shops in our office building and they gave me contacts for the same eye issues as you mentioned, probably took 15 minutes. Well, I couldn't handle it after an hour an pulled them off. Back to squinting.

Comment

I had it done. They called it blended vision.. Rt far, left close. Took about 3-4 days to get used to it. Now I'm very glad I did it. Shoot rt handed and can read a book.

Comment

Tried it with contacts first before getting Lasik. Could not make the adjustment and hated it.

Had my Lasik done for distance in both eyes. I can spot coyotes that are way out there since having it done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife had it done 5 or so years back. It took her a couple days to adjust and shes been great ever since.

Comment

Back in 2000 I had both eyes done and in 2015 I had my right eye redone. My right eye is my distance eye and bowhunting eye, my left eye is for reading and close vision. It took a few days to get used to but I am happy with the results. There are a few times that objects are right in between near and far distances so they appear blurry for a second until you can focus. Like any Lasik procedure this will last you hopefully between 10 and 15 years and then it will start declining. I am glad I did it but I also know that I will need some funky glasses from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mono vision lasik

I had it done at Mann Eye this spring.

I previously had contacts done in this manner, but Man did it take time to get used to the lasik. The first time I threw my pistol up and looked down the sights it was an oh chit moment- I have to shoot with left eye squinted now or sights are plain wrong.

For a while I was regretting wasting the money as my eyes were pretty decent without.
                        The best benefit for me is lack of dirty contacts on dusty days.

I’m ok with it now, but between my recent lasik, hearing aids and invisiline I would rate the lasik dead last on money well spent.
                        (For me at my age)

My biggest beef is I didn’t realize to favor upclose in one eye it was going to trash it’s distance clarity . To favor far away in the other was going to trash it’s up close clarity .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by DaveC; 08-23-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I am right handed and left eye dominant. My far vision just kept deteriorating year after year but I could see fine up close. I ended up getting some distance glasses but since I didn't need them all the time I ended up losing them a lot. Wearing a face mask and hunting in the winter sucked as they would fog up too much. Next, I went to mono vision contacts which was okay except that it sucked putting on contacts at 3 or 4 in the morning to go duck hunting. After a couple months of this, I finally got lasik. They made my right eye for distance and barely tweeked the left eye. It worked for me. I couldn't be happier. I can see up close, read fine without cheaters and my distance vision is pretty good. I have no problem shooting a bow or shotgun. For me, the main thing is I don't have to keep up with any glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Double R 2 View Post
                            I am right handed and left eye dominant. My far vision just kept deteriorating year after year but I could see fine up close. I ended up getting some distance glasses but since I didn't need them all the time I ended up losing them a lot. Wearing a face mask and hunting in the winter sucked as they would fog up too much. Next, I went to mono vision contacts which was okay except that it sucked putting on contacts at 3 or 4 in the morning to go duck hunting. After a couple months of this, I finally got lasik. They made my right eye for distance and barely tweeked the left eye. It worked for me. I couldn't be happier. I can see up close, read fine without cheaters and my distance vision is pretty good. I have no problem shooting a bow or shotgun. For me, the main thing is I don't have to keep up with any glasses.
                            That is exactly the feedback i am looking for. I hope it works out for me the same way since we have the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
                              Has anyone had lasik done in one eye for distance and left the other for near, what they call mono vision? If so are you pleased with it? Any complications from it? I can see pretty good up close still but it’s hard to see the target now. My other problem is I’m left eye dominate but shoot right handed.
                              Not Lasik but, I've done mono-vision with contacts for probably 20 years. I don't need any type of glasses now and I did before. I'm very happy with the contacts and won't consider Lasik unless something worsens that contacts won't fix. Oh, as I've aged, my vision has changed and contacts adjusted as needed. I currently only wear one contact for distance. I also have extended wear contacts and only take it out one night per week and discard for a new one about once a month.
                              Last edited by 1riot1ranger; 08-24-2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X