Best Front Load Washing Machine Brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Front Load Washing Machine Brand?

I’ve had an LG front load washer for about 7 years that I bought used and the bearing is going out. I feel like we’ve gotten our monies worth and instead of fixing it I’ll probably just buy a new one because I think the control panel isn’t far from going out as well. Does anyone have an opinion on which brand is the best or is it kind of like Chevy vs Ford? Im sure it will be between GE, Maytag, and LG.

According to Consumer Reports survey data, Speed Queen and LG build the most reliable washing machines. They don't break out front- vs. top-loaders.

Comment

None of them. Hate front loaders. Sorry I’m no help

Comment

Yeah we had LG and they lasted a good long time but on front loaders the bearing usually goes out. We went back to top load but I still like the old style. Speed queen used to be great but they have gone down hill now.

Comment

I would consider a top load without the agitator if those are supposed to be good. I’m open for suggestions if anyone has a brand or style they are happy with.

Comment

I got a buddy in the washer and dryer business. He won't sell front loaders. I won't buy another after the one I have craps out, either. Good luck, sorry I am no more help.

Comment

We are on year 16 of our Whirlpool Duo front loaders. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had the Whirlpool Duo for many years, never had any mechanical issues with them. My issue was keeping the rubber gaskets clean from mildew and musty odors, even with leaving the door open after use. I went back to top loader (without the agitator) for that reason, as well as the increased capacity. My current brand is LG and I've had no issues.

Comment

I have 10 year old Samsung front loading washer and dryer. Heating elements went punt one in dryer and cost me 40 bucks on Amazon to get the now one. No other issues yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    We are on year 16 of our Whirlpool Duo front loaders. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                    We’re on year 13 with our Whirlpool Duo. I’m a Whirlpool brand loyalist, but I’ll tell you this: I’ve never met an “Energy Efficient” washing machine that gets your clothes clean, even given twice the amount of time to do so. Top- or side-load, neither washer offers enough agitation to get your clothes clean. And efficient? What’s efficient about a 1 1/2 hour wash cycle?

All this said, mechanically, they’ve been no trouble.

Comment

Top loader large Capacity with out the agitator, does a heck of a lot better than front loaders for quality and space.don’t like front loader washer can’t add anything once it starts

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        We’re on year 13 with our Whirlpool Duo. I’m a Whirlpool brand loyalist, but I’ll tell you this: I’ve never met an “Energy Efficient” washing machine that gets your clothes clean, even given twice the amount of time to do so. Top- or side-load, neither washer offers enough agitation to get your clothes clean. And efficient? What’s efficient about a 1 1/2 hour wash cycle?

All this said, mechanically, they’ve been no trouble.
                        Whirlpool fan boy here too. My appliance contractor repair lady said the same thing about front loads that the HuntingLady stated. When we go places that have a front load…clothes come out still dirty. The wife and I are all about the old school top loads with agitator, no sensors, turn dials and non-locking lid. I want a full tub of water and capability to stop the cycle at any given point.

Front loads are for clean city folk who dont get super dirty.
                        Good luck on your search MrGrizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Whirlpool fan boy here too. My appliance contractor repair lady said the same thing about front loads that the HuntingLady stated. When we go places that have a front load…clothes come out still dirty. The wife and I are all about the old school top loads with agitator, no sensors, turn dials and non-locking lid. I want a full tub of water and capability to stop the cycle at any given point.

I agree!

Not to belabor the issue, but I include “High Efficiency” TOP loading washers in my invective as well. Those that won’t fill your tub with plenty of water and that don’t a spindle for additional agitation are just as bad as front loaders without same.

Comment

So. Who makes a top loader with all these features?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Man, I must be clean city folk. :-). I look like Pigpen most of the time and our Samsung front loaders have been great. Just replaced them as we are doing a full house remodel and my wife wanted to change colors. I kid you not. Replaced Samsung with Samsung and everything comes out clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X