• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy version is WT work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
      Guys can you get a simple cloth seat with radio and power windows truck any more? Is that a fleet truck now? My wife said something about a new truck, I’m not ready yet but I just don’t want so many bells and whistles as my current one has. Does a tough old simple reliable truck exist any more?
      Dodge ram classic/tradesman

V6

No carpet/vinyl flooring

Vinyl seats

No Bluetooth on radio

Only modern comforts are
      Heat
      AC
      Cruise control
      Power windows
      $18k cash for a 2021

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        Dodge ram classic/tradesman

V6

No carpet/vinyl flooring

Vinyl seats

No Bluetooth on radio

Only modern comforts are
        Heat
        AC
        Cruise control
        Power windows
        $18k cash for a 2021

Where are you finding one for 18? I’d go buy one today if that’s the actual price.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          Where are you finding one for 18? I’d go buy one today if that’s the actual price.

More like $28,000 , I just priced a ram classic in that package @33,870

I would buy one if I could get one in a flat bed
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-26-2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Probably not but I’m not sure. I remember around 2000 I went to buy a new truck and was shocked that I couldn’t find one anywhere without carpet. I hunted waterfowl and wade fished a lot so I liked to just take a water hose to my floor board and wash out the mud and sand. Things have changed for sure.
            Originally posted by camoclad View Post
            One things for sure.
            You can not buy a manual transmission
            Sucks
            Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            Have to go back to 1998 to find a truck like that. Look for a good used one.
            Engineers gotta engineer to keep their jobs.

Comment

Well since most people that buy truck want more and more luxury stuff in them, they are going to cater to the larger segment of the market.

They are bare bones trucks out there from all 3 domestic manufacturers but they aren’t the majority of their inventory or sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you can deal with the small size look at the Jeep Gladiator. Pull the floor plugs and wash it out with a garden hose.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                  One things for sure.
                  You can not buy a manual transmission
                  Sucks

Sucks big time!!!!

I hate automatics

Comment

I bought a 2020 Chevy 3500HD 4X4 single cab with the new 6.6L gasoline engine last year. It is bare bones but I bought it for a work truck.

Comment

I’m pretty sure Toyota still sells their 1794 and Limited Tundras. About as low optioned and non fancy as it gets

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        More like $28,000 , I just priced a ram classic in that package @33,870

I would buy one if I could get one in a flat bed

I bought from here last year
                        Looks like the price jumped
                        It was like 28k sticker but had 10k rebates
                        That ran this promo for about 3-4 months with different waves of trucks they'd get in
                        About 5-6 each wave and that's be gone in a week or two

When I first was looking thru had them for 17k but I balked and two hours later someone had bought the last one
                        But I checked back the next month sand they had more but this time for 19k
                        I asked them to split the difference between the last wave and they did so I got it for 18k

Just Google around and you'll find dealers around the country offering under 20k brand new rams
                        They are loss leaders

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                          Guys can you get a simple cloth seat with radio and power windows truck any more? Is that a fleet truck now? My wife said something about a new truck, I’m not ready yet but I just don’t want so many bells and whistles as my current one has. Does a tough old simple reliable truck exist any more?
                          Ram tradesman. I have a 2013 2500. Has all the bells I need. However I do like my wife's cars heated seats.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                            I have a 2021 ram 2500 tradesman. Power windows and locks. Cruise on steering wheel only, no radio functions. 4 wheel drive shifter is manual in the floor. Transmission shifter is on the column and not a knob you turn to select a gear. It does have push button start on the dash. I liked it because it was basic inside and still had the nice trim outside like the chrome grill and wheels instead of a black grill and gray steel wheels.
                            All of this but mine has a key. Edit, I do like my dad's Silverado with the tailgate lock on the fob. Mine uses a key.

Comment

F150 STX is about the basic truck with what you want without getting a work truck.

Comment

Ford XL's are what we have at work. But, the windows are manual.

Comment

Working...
                                X