• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
    Not drawn this time. I have been there before. PM if you want some info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. PM sent.

Comment

I think I applied for just about all of it and got skunked! 🤣

I did get Drawn through the GRBU for a doe hunt. Y’all have fun and hunt you’re butts off.

Comment

Anyone know when the 2nd draw is? I have 2 pending

Comment

My understanding is that the second draw is just for places refused or fees not sent in by the deadline. The second drawing takes place after the last date to pay your hunt fee if someone declines or does not pay for the permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasbeanie View Post

Usually you have 2 weeks to purchase permits and will likely be after that unless everyone pays and will change to not seleted

Comment

Originally posted by Texasbeanie View Post

Selected hunters have 10 days to accept/pay for the permit(s) they drew. The second drawing takes place after that period.

Comment

Dang not looking good for me then.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  I very much preferred the one hunt per category, your draw odds were much better and they wouldn't have had to add the cubing.
                  No the numbers for the better GDE places will not change. The guys with big points aren't buying every hunt area available, just 1,2 & maybe 3 places. No one wants to blow big points on crap hunts, they didn't get that many points without being selective.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    I very much preferred the one hunt per category, your draw odds were much better and they wouldn't have had to add the cubing.
                    No the numbers for the better GDE places will not change. The guys with big points aren't buying every hunt area available, just 1,2 & maybe 3 places. No one wants to blow big points on crap hunts, they didn't get that many points without being selective every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                      No the numbers for the better GDE places will not change. The guys with big points aren't buying every hunt area available, just 1,2 & maybe 3 places. No one wants to blow big points on crap hunts, they didn't get that many points without being selective every year.

That's exactly my strategy for GDE. Except 3 places is stretching it, for me.

Just one place I'm interested in this year. Got a buddy on this category with me.

I did put in for two places with GD anterless/spike. And got drawn on one. And I'm the only in my party. Already paid for my permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        That's exactly my strategy for GDE. Except 3 places is stretching it, for me.

Just one place I'm interested in this year. Got a buddy on this category with me.

I did put in for two places with GD anterless/spike. And got drawn on one. And I'm the only in my party. Already paid for my permit.
                        I try to use my GDA points where there are exotics on the menu. I hit a private land gun ant&doe meat hunt. My GDE choices are selective. Told you the other place and am stoked. Last year was squat, year before got a Epost archery. Year before that hit 2 Epost archery and was 2nd drawn for another Epost archery deer but had to decline as it was at the same time as another better hunt. Hope to meet you on a future hunt as any friend of jnd1959 has to be good people.

Comment

Yeah with 37 gde I only put in for the Chap the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Yeah with 37 gde I only put in for the Chap the last 2 years.
                            Have faith next year might be the one. Perfect weather and the rut. When we did Daughtery the wet conditions didn't help.
                            Last edited by ABWGTX; 09-18-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              37 gde. And not drawn. I heard 37 is the highest you can get. I was thinking I had 37 last year too. 0 for 20 on the draws so far.
                              Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                              I try to use my GDA points where there are exotics on the menu. I hit a private land gun ant&doe meat hunt. My GDE choices are selective. Told you the other place and am stoked. Last year was squat, year before got a Epost archery. Year before that hit 2 Epost archery and was 2nd drawn for another Epost archery deer but had to decline as it was at the same time as another better hunt. Hope to meet you on a future hunt as any friend of jnd1959 has to be good people.
                              Same here....got drawn this year for my first private lands hunt.....antlerless at Travis County Ranch. Then for GDA my only entry for the last 10 yrs has been South Llano River State park.......and I got that this year as well......

Comment

No drawings for me on 9/16. I'm still hanging my hat on my Chaparral Bow Hunt that I won. After the 2nd drawing, we have our 10/16 and 11/2 draw hunts to look forward to. Good luck to all!

Comment

Working...
                                X