Huntstand vs. Onyx app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntstand vs. Onyx app

I'm looking to install one of these apps, and am looking for input (my search function won't work). Has anyone used both that can tell me which you prefer, and why? Can I share stands and waypoints with my husband if he has the same app? I'm hunting new property for the first time in over 20 years and am finally ready to upgrade from the old pocket compass.
    -Cheryl

I have used both and prefer Huntstand. The satellite imagery is clearer and you can zoom in with more detail. I also found it easier to share spots and other features that I liked.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both and find myself using ONX more. Like stated above I do believe the maps are better on huntstand. But I hunt public land too much and the onx gps is easier for me to find my way through the woods.

Comment

Have both and use both for different reasons
        Huntstand for when I’m mostly hunting familiar property because I like the ease of use and functionality a little more
        OnX when hunting Or scouting new land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm technologically challenged. Those of you whom have used both- which one did you find easier to use?

Comment

If your hunting public I’d say OnX. If not it’s it’s the little things.

Comment

I've used both and while Hunt Stand has some nice features even without a subscription I always ended up using OnX. Just install both free versions and use them both til you figure it out. Hunt Stand had a nice feature of live tracking your hunting party group members but of course that requires data so good cell signal is needed. You can share user data with either of them.

Comment

Basemap is pretty sweet

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

X2 for BaseMap. I still have hunt stand on my phone, the free version, but I am really liking BaseMap about 6 months in

Comment

OnX, since feb. this yr.. so far I'm liking it

Comment

I'm just starting to use Huntstand. Is there anywhere in the free portion that will give you directions to an item (stand, tank, etc.)? I know AntlerInsanity used to do it but it looks like that has gone 100% pay.

Comment

Used both. HuntStand Pro for my latest elk hunt. I was impressed and would lean HuntStand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank y'all for the help. I didn't know I could do a free trial. Think I'll do that to help decide.

Comment

Working...
                          X