No announcement yet.

Need Help with Trailer Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe I found the problem. One of the prongs inside the truck plug is corroded. Think I saw a replacement at my local Napa store. I’ll go by there in the morning.
    Also, on the truck fuses, I did check both the ones inside the cab and the box under the hood.

Comment

Is that a Chevy. You can get a direct plug replacement that twists into place. I just had to replace mine. Bought it at tractor supply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
        Is that a Chevy. You can get a direct plug replacement that twists into place. I just had to replace mine. Bought it at tractor supply.
        Yep, it’s a Chevy.
        Problem has been solved. I found my tester light. Had power at the truck plug but not coming out of the new 7 blade to a 4 way flat plug. So I ran up to our local Napa store and bought another one. Everything works like it should now. Now I have to take that new plug back to Wally World and get my money back!!!

Comment

On my 2012 F250 the truck plug was a two piece assembly. The back of the plug with the prongs pushed out(moved back) so the contacts didn't touch those in the plugs. I had to push it back in to make it work. Took me forever to figure it out as I was getting current on my test meter.

Comment

I use a hand sand blaster filled with baking soda to cleanup my trailer connectors. Works on both truck end and trailer end. From the pics looks like you might benefit from this treatment. The soda just cuts through the corrosion but does not damage the contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              I would start with new hardware..... thats where your problem is.
              thats a big AMEN

Comment

Trailer wire adapters are the devil. Install the correct plug on the trailer and try to find one not made in China.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Trailer wire adapters are the devil. Install the correct plug on the trailer and try to find one not made in China.
                  Ain’t that the truth. Seems like you have to buy a adapter for a adapter and hope it works.

Comment

Working...
                  X