ugly annealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugly annealer

i've been splitting cases lately on my 308. too many loadings ... so i decided it's time to get an annealer, i needed one for my long range gun and also for my 300blk as the modified 223 cases are cut past the original annealing anyways ... like anything else, i did some research on youtube to see what's out there and what the build quality is...

well, i had 2 finalists the annealeez 2.0 or the ugly annealer ... i contacted the manufacturer and ended up ordering the ugly annealer ...

I just received tracking info .. it's on the way .. i'll do a youtube video when i get it in ... anyhow ..they have a few videos on youtube , so here is one of them if you are interested in checking them out ...

I can't wait to test it out!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCftp2cfeM"]Introduction of the Ugly annealer patent pending - YouTube[/ame]

Been wanting to get an sneaker for a while, high cost has typically kept me away. These two are high on the list, looking forward to your review.

Comment

I have been doing “extensive research” on YouTube as well, I narrowed to the same two machines. I’m going with the Annealeez 3.0 because it’s built here. Can’t wait to see your review on this one as I was eyeballing it as well.

Comment

I have the annealeez, and been very happy with it.

Comment

I went all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang it! I'm still using a pan of water and a bernz o matic torch. He who dies with the most toys wins so now I know what I gotta do.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Dang it! I'm still using a pan of water and a bernz o matic torch. He who dies with the most toys wins so now I know what I gotta do.
              saw your post on the m1 super 90 the other day ... got one too .. back when they got imported by hk ... gonna start calling you my brother from another mother... lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post

Why the pan of water? Wouldn’t that harden the brass right back up?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I went all out.

Yes you did…big money.

Comment

Why the pan of water? Wouldn’t that harden the brass right back up?

No. Quenching in water below 450 deg does not harden brass. Necks reach 700 - 750 the instant the torch flame turns red around the neck at which point you quickly remove the flame and the necks cool down instantly to below 450 at which point you knock them all over into the water. Spread em out on a table to dry overnight. People been annealing like this for many many years and some old schoolers like me still do it when needed. Usually 5 or 6 reloadings before annealing again. I'm not a competition shooter so I don't need to be too scientific.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                      Yes you did…big money.

It’s sure nice and fast though.

Eric Cortina did a bullet seating tension test with it vs an Anneal EZ (I think) flame annealer and the AMP was more consistent in seating tension and more accurate at 1000 yards.

Comment

I went all out.

i'd say $1400 ! ouch! .. that's my annealer + the price i paid for my ruger precision...

you must do allot of long range shooting/ matches .

Comment

I considered building an induction annealer. They seem to be faster than the flame annealers, however it seems they must be tuned for each caliber and headstamp to anneal without melting. Check out Reese on the Range on YouTube. Erik Cortina seems to favor the induction annealer, however I did not see his data as conclusive. If I had some sponsors for my shooting habit I could probably come up with their product as the right answer also.

So for now it's the propane torch and drill in a dark room.

Comment

oh boy!!! it's here!!!! video this weekend!!!!

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Hxg2jDB1E"]the Ugly Annealer , Brass annealing machine unboxing and review - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X