Best Fishing Lodge on the TX Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Fishing Lodge on the TX Coast

Looking for recommendations for an all inclusive bay fishing destination on the TX coast. This will be for 8-10 guys looking to have a good time and catch some fish.

Open to anything from Matagorda down to Port Mansfield.

Thanks for the input!

I like Bink Grimes and Crew Here...
    They will Work Hard for You, and the Food is Great..
    Matagorda bay and beach rentals, Bay fishing, lodging, hunting at Matagorda Texas on Matagorda Bay. Matagorda Sunrise Lodge on Matagorda Bay offer fishing and hunting on the Texas Gulf Coast, Capt. Bink Grimes.

Comment

Bay Flats or Run-N-Gun

Comment

Go with capt glenn here

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
        Bay Flats or Run-N-Gun
        nvrmnd

deleted

Comment

You can also check out Getaway Lodge in Mansfield. If you do, charter with Capt. Roger, Capt. Todd or Capt. Ruben. I can get you details if you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOh! View Post
            I like Bink Grimes and Crew Here...
            They will Work Hard for You, and the Food is Great..
            http://matagordasunriselodge.com
            This! Stay at sunrise lodge and fish with Capt. Glenn and Bink

Comment

tag

Comment

I’ve stayed and fished with run N gun and if it has been my decision I would stay at sunrise lodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Run away fast from Run n Gun

Comment

Bay Flats has very good accommodations, but the fishing can be hit or miss...not the guides...just the water.

Get Away in Mansfield has good accommodations and the fishing use to be really good before the Yuri winter storm...not sure how its been lately.

If you're open to going east, check out Grosse Savanne near Lake Charles, which is my favorite.

Comment

Bay Flats was good to me.

Comment

Bay Flats 100%

Call TJ

Comment

I haven't stayed at sunrise lodge, but that is who I would want to fish with right now over the others.

Bay Flats is outstanding accomodations and food, but San Antonio Bay was hit very hard by the freeze and all the freshwater that hit the bay system this summer.

I haven't been to Getaway in PM since the previous owners owned it and I would probably avoid that area post freeze, but I'm sure they can put you on plenty of reds and if you wanted to do a cast and blast with doves they could set that up.

Baffin Bay Rod and Gun should also be mentioned.

All of these lodges can probably run blast and cast hunts with ducks too.
                          Last edited by El General; 08-30-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Great info on here so far. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

I have stayed and fished with Bay Flats. Food and accommodations were great, but out of 3 times I've never had a "good" day of fishing. All three days were below average. I'm sure there are some guides better than others.

I was recently in charge of putting a trip together and I went the Captain Glenn / Sunrise route. We will be there in September.

Gosse Savanne would be high on my list if money wasn't a consideration. I've heard nothing, but great things about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X