No announcement yet.

Norma Whitetail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I shot an entire box of it out of my .300 win mag today. I was pleasantly surprised with it. It grouped very well. I really would like to find some 180gr however. I think the 150gr is super hot for elk. My friend did give me two boxes of Hornady 200gr that I will probably ultimately use for the Montana trip and Nilgai though.

Over all good product. I would buy again.

Comment

If it’s the same bullet Weatherby used to load in their Spitzers it performs well in .257 Weatherby.

Comment

I don't know about the whitetail version, but I shot Norma Oryx 180 grain in a 30.06 in Africa on my first plains game hunt with huge success. I took over 20 animals with it, including multiple kudu and blue wildebeest, waterbuck & eland and even a giraffe with a head shot. It performed flawlessly. We recovered several bullets and they looked just like you'd want one to.

I wouldn't hesitate to try their whitetail bullet. It isn't hard to take a whitetail down anyway.

Comment

Post up these groups when you get them, I just bought 8 boxes to get ready for the season. See how it groups in my 30/06.

Comment

What’s the difference in the Orxy vs Whitetail products?

Comment

I’ll bet $1M that if you shoot a deer or hog with them in the vitals they will get dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

anybody know how I can get some 180gr? This is really what I am hoping for to use in Montana.

Comment

The brass is worth the cost. Much less being loaded ammo. I may pick up 5-10 boxes

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    I’ll bet $1M that if you shoot a deer or hog with them in the vitals they will get dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yeah I would think so, But hitting them in the vitals consistently at 300-400 yards is why I would be interested in the grouping and anybody who has experience with these rounds.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2CEEBBF2-A444-4A9B-837A-6DD122F3B9F9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	24660861My 7mm-08 likes the 150 grain load

Comment

Working...
                      X