Bullets???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Nosler is killing me. PM me what bergers you need.
    What Noslers are you looking for? I have been able to find some Noslers.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      What Noslers are you looking for? I have been able to find some Noslers.
      140 grain accubond

Comment

Riflebowpistol,

I am really liking the 129gr LRAB in the 6.5 Grendel, they work at 2.265 OAL in my AR and CZ. Longest I have taken them on targets is 600 yards in the CZ with its 22 inch barrel I am getting 2500fps with CFE223. I do not get quite the accuracy from them in the CZ I had hoped for but they are close with 1.25 inch groups at 200 yards and a little under 1 inch with the 130 Berger HybridAR. Still plenty of accuracy for what I do anymore as my longest possible shots are 300 yards now. On game from the Grendel broadside shots usually exit deer and hogs up to 150lbs at least even if shoulders are hit. Limited sample but looking good so far.

I know a guy in Utah that shoots them to 600 yards from his 12.5 inch barreled SBR but shooting at 5000+ feet elevation helps that for sure. On game they have done very well at the GRR velocities. I haven't tried them in my other 6.5s the 6.5X54 MS, 6.5-284 or 264 WinMag.

Comment

I really want to get a 6.5 Grendel, also in a bolt gun, either the Howa Mini or the CZ. I don't have a CZ, really want a CZ, already have two Howas, so I am pretty sure I would get a CZ.

I also want to build a collection of 6.5s. I want a Grendel bolt gun, then a XP-100, chambered in 6.5X47 Lapua. Then I have a Creedmoor. Then I want a 6.5X55mm Swede, not sure if I would have a 700 custom built in 6.5x55, or find a old sporterized 98 in 6.5X55. Then I would not mind having a 6.5mm Rem. Mag., and then a 264 Win. Mag. I definitely want a 6.5-300 Weatherby. But I have too many other projects started, that need to be finished first.

Hopefully get there some day.

I bet that Grendel CZ is a fun gun to shoot. I saw they had that gun listed with a bull barrel a few years ago. That's the version I want to find.

Comment

I really want to get a 6.5 Grendel, also in a bolt gun, either the Howa Mini or the CZ. I don't have a CZ, really want a CZ, already have two Howas, so I am pretty sure I would get a CZ.

I also want to build a collection of 6.5s. I want a Grendel bolt gun, then a XP-100, chambered in 6.5X47 Lapua. Then I have a Creedmoor. Then I want a 6.5X55mm Swede, not sure if I would have a 700 custom built in 6.5x55, or find a old sporterized 98 in 6.5X55. Then I would not mind having a 6.5mm Rem. Mag., and then a 264 Win. Mag. I definitely want a 6.5-300 Weatherby. But I have too many other projects started, that need to be finished first.

Hopefully get there some day.

I bet that Grendel CZ is a fun gun to shoot. I saw they had that gun listed with a bull barrel a few years ago. That's the version I want to find.
            Well, you know what they say. HE who dies with the most guns wins. Better get to getting busy.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Well, you know what they say. HE who dies with the most guns wins. Better get to getting busy.
              Hopefully I have plenty of time to buy more guns, yes I need to get my projects finished and then work on collecting more. I have empty space in the gun cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                Could you PM me your Berger contact. Thank you.
                Still waiting for contact with Berger. Thank You.

Comment

makes u fightin mad! never had this problem as a reloader! been using sierra 180gr round nose #2170 on hogs for along time cant find em on the planet weres all sierras bullets going!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                    Still waiting for contact with Berger. Thank You.
                    I don't have a contact, I just call Berger and the same guy answers the phone every time I call. He's a nice guy, have good info on bullets. But it's very obvious that Berger has told him to not give out any info on where all of those bullets are going. I want to say the guy's name is something like Bob or Bill. Just call Berger and he's the one who will answer the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
                      makes u fightin mad! never had this problem as a reloader! been using sierra 180gr round nose #2170 on hogs for along time cant find em on the planet weres all sierras bullets going!!??
                      I have figured out that multiple companies seem to be only making certain bullets. The bullets they are making are the ones they have been putting all of their advertising money into. The Barnes bullets that are available are things like their TTX or some of their other versions of tipped X bullets. With Hornady, it's their newer designed bullets, things like the SSTs and XPTs, ECT. With Sierra, they too seem to primarily be making their new fancy bullets that they have put their advertising money into. Bullets such as the Game Changers or the Sig series bullets. The bullets Nosler is getting out to market are things like the new Accubond Long Range bullets, and some Accubonds. I have not seen any Nosler pistol bullets.

Most every bullet I have worked up loads for, in my guns, are not available anywhere. Some of the calibers/guns I own, it's very important that I use bullets with certain characteristics, or the performance will drop dramatically. I have found bullets that work for those applications, but now they don't exists, I never saw this situation coming.

The one gun I have, that I have loaded ammo for, but had not made a decision on what bullets to use, is my 445 Super Mag. I had only found 240 gr. Hornady XTPs for that gun. I got that barrel, after this whole mess started. That was the only bullet I was able to find. But the velocities the gun will spit those bullets out the barrel at, seems to be a bit too high for those bullets. The jacket comes off very easily. So I have tried to find different bullets, primarily heavier bullets to slow it down some, because there is a good chance, that other 240 gr. bullets will have the same problem with shedding jackets at 2082 fps. I found some Swift A Frames in both 280 gr. and 300 gr.. Looking at the design, I think those would probably work, even in a 240 gr. But I only found 280 and 300 gr.. So I bought multiple boxes of the 280s. I may have just found the perfect bullet for that gun. I need to load some of those and shoot them soon and see how they work. If they are accurate, I should probably buy more boxes of them, before they are gone.

The one gun I am working on trying to find the perfect bullet for the gun, during this mess, I may have found the perfect bullet for. All of the other guns that I had previously found the perfect bullets for, can't find any of those bullets now. Definitely very frustrating.
                      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-05-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

There's another downside to the bullet MFG mess. Uniformity is not what it used to be even with match grade stuff. Weigh some and measure some and yo will see. QC is not what it once was. Sierra still seems to be better than others but getting them is near impossible and some have been discontinued like .270 110 pro hunter that I like for my 6.8 SPC.
                        Seems to be plenty of the big long heavies available for the long range shooters.

Comment

Yes, the other night I kept finding 175 gr. Game Changers. Never seen .277 caliber that heavy before.

I have not weighed any of the bullets, I have gotten, to see how they compare, weight wise.

Comment

Berger has posted on their FB about recent wins some of their shooters have had and in the comments folks are asking "where are the bullets?" I lol'd.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Berger has posted on their FB about recent wins some of their shooters have had and in the comments folks are asking "where are the bullets?" I lol'd.
                              That's pretty good.

So I guess that answers the question of where their bullets are going, they are going to their sponsored shooters?
                              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-05-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

That's pretty good.

So I guess that answers the question of where their bullets are going, they are going to their sponsored shooters?
                                Yep and to some of the ammo manufacturers. https://dallasreloads.com/product/6-...-berger-vld-h/
                                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 08-05-2021, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X